Cat proof?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
I wonder if anyone has come across a fabric that does not show cat scratching

We have a rescue cat that loves to sharpen her nails .

A rope fender , cork floats on a post and a cardboard scratch pad are ignored, which have worked in the past with other cats.

Carpet material might work , it seems tough enough, but not easy to cover cushions with!

Last edited:
Have you tried a water spray bottle to train the cat? Preferably one with a good range.

Get a cat scratching post.

Have you tried a water spray bottle to train the cat? Preferably one with a good range.

Best way to train the cat. Make sure the cat does not see where the water comes from or you spraying it.

Otherwise they will scratch when you are out of the room.

We use Messy Pet, Cat, pet training deterrent . Spray it on anything you don’t want cats to get on or scratch. We buy ours at Walmart.

I use claw scissors and just cut the tips off the front feet regularly, it's easy to see where it will become sensitive and just cut them off above that. Once in a while I clip the rear claws as well, but they need them for grooming and the fronts are pretty much only used for hunting or climbing trees.

Have you discussed nail clipping its nails?
I doubt if the cat will agree LOL

After several cats, none of whom objected vigorously and all of whom grew to be quite accepting of it, they were agreeable if not agreeing :) I am sure if it were completely objectionable to the event it would find a way to express it's displeasure!

The vacuum cleaner is far more objectionable to it than having it's nails clipped, and I really like my Stress Less recliner without claw marks all over it. It's both of our favorite chair...

....and I really like my Stress Less recliner without claw marks all over it. It's both of our favorite chair...

NO NO, it's the cat's recliner. He lets you use it. LOL

WE do trim the cats nails and have tried multiple scratching systems.
And a good long range water pistol.

The best by far was multiple cork floats in a stick mounted vertically on a table leg.

The cork would come off in tiny chunks , so the cat had a grand time tearing at it.

Off to Wallmart , on next trip to town......Better living thru chemistry!

Attachments

• 20200920_144044.jpg
    20200920_144044.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom