Best Harbor in the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know where it is, but I'll be danged if I'd post it here.

Depoe Bay OR? Really? Pretty harbor I suppose, but FAR from a boating mecca. I suspect this survey consisted of landlubbers who like to visit harbors by car.

You gotta be kidding me. "Most Unique", maybe, or better yet "Most Novel". But a big requiremnet for just plain "best", to me, means easy and safe access. Padanaram is a beautiful spot, and again while I wouldn't say "best", it makes a lot more sense.

Great Marketing I guess. When we headed down the coast last year, this port was just a bit to “hairy” for us and had limited capabilities to accommodate us. A very tricky/narrow entrance in good conditions, bad weather, no friggin way!

Depo Bay, great lunch stop in a car. Restaurant over looks one of the more technical harbor entrances. Walk the boardwalk after lunch and get some freshly made saltwater taffy. Lots of parking and very picturesque. Definitely not a place to stop with your boat.

No boater would ever pick Depo Bay for anything, clearly this is a land tourist survey. Since 75% of the nations population lives east of the Mississippi River I suspect that Depo Bay might be the true winner in this very unscientific survey.

Great Marketing I guess. When we headed down the coast last year, this port was just a bit to “hairy” for us and had limited capabilities to accommodate us. A very tricky/narrow entrance in good conditions, bad weather, no friggin way!
My thoughts exactly! I posted tp divert from riots, covid and closed borders......

I actually have been in and out of there on a fishing charter, when I was young and boating naive. Didn't seem like a big deal going out in the morning. Skipper said, coming back in "this could be interesting". But it seemed he handled it well... practice, practice, practice I suppose. I recall we all caught some nice silvers, so life was good. Today, I'd probably be white knuckled, and have much less beer in me, having revisited it by car in the meantime and looked at it from a boater's point of view. Brought to mind the entrance into Rudee's Inlet squeezed down a tad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom