24mm exhaust through hull fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The same reason that people buy from VTurboWay and pay $2 more than WAYSKA.
I didn't get where the difference is. I would have put Wayska into my cart if I had seen it. both are pretty much the same product, $2 diff does not separate the tiers.

what's the reason people would buy this from Heatso at a premium?

Same reason they buy the heaters from the original designer/maker. They think it's better.
I have a couple of the cheap thru hull fittings and they seem to last.
You can buy them on ebay, too.

I am not familiar with those products, but they surely follow the same pattern as virtually everything else made in China. Manufacturers (like Heatso) who have their products made in China to save labor costs soon find their intellectual property stolen and virtually identical products made by the same factory and sold under different names (like Wayska). It's part of the price of doing business with China.

Used to be a higher price product was better built. Now days people will spend more for affluence.
I often find a product I want on amazon and then look for the best price. The original supplier often, not always, with others buying low and offering the same at a higher price, at times they do not have inventory.

That’s a ridiculous price for that fitting. I couldn’t buy the materials to make it for double that. Then add the labor and gaskets.
Even if I automated the welding I’d still have to charge more than $100 for it.

That’s a ridiculous price for that fitting. I couldn’t buy the materials to make it for double that. Then add the labor and gaskets.
The price is hard to pass. It also has good feedback. I will buy this Wayska.

Some manufacturers cut corners like this: the left one was purchased 10 years ago, the right one is a recent buy. I don't know if the cheaper through hull fitting also has less material. But it looks identical to the Heatso one in the picture.

IMG_20240510_101306.jpg

Both fittings could be made at the same factory in china. Heatso has theirs made on day shift under license. The others are made on off shift hours and sold through Chinese distributors. Same part, but the off shift ones have less quality control.
This is the intellectual property problem with doing business in china. As a manufacturer, you can’t afford to not have parts made there.
I have a friend that has stainless parts cast in china. Crazy cheap to do.

In time, anything that is manufactured in China will have dirt cheap generic alternatives available.

The exhaust thru hulls I bought on ebay were made in Eastern Europe. They seem to hold up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom