2000 Pilot 30, AM/FM/Cassette Radio, Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuJu

Vessel Name
isola
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30
My AM/FM radio, mounted port side just inside the companion way hatch, has died. Would like to replace it, mainly for the cassette feature, with a like model. Has anyone removed theirs. Mine has the removable front pannel but there is no visible mounting hardware. Looking for info on what has to be done to remove it. Access through the switch pannel? Remove the port side helm pannel?
Thanks

i have no knowledge of what you have, but most of the stereos in boats are basically car stereos and as such they use a pair of "slide tools" which when inserted unlock the cassette from the holder. unfortunately there isn't just one tool. i think it maybe brand specific. you may want to try a local car stereo shop or a west marine.

good luck

I replaced the radio on my 2000 MS 30. I found a same size replacement at Defender with a CD player. You can get access to the radio by opening the adjacent electrical panel. Hope this helps. Cheers

Thanks Guy's,
I don't know why I did not think of the slide tools. I have used these for vehicle stero's before. Thought never entered my mind. I'll check to see if there are slots. If not it's on to the electrical panel.

My AM/FM radio, mounted port side just inside the companion way hatch, has died. Would like to replace it, mainly for the cassette feature, with a like model. Has anyone removed theirs. Mine has the removable front pannel but there is no visible mounting hardware. Looking for info on what has to be done to remove it. Access through the switch pannel? Remove the port side helm pannel?
Thanks
the radio slides into a metal enclosure that is installed 1st and has tabs folded over to hold it in place to remove radio there are thin slide tools that would have come with the original radio, they slide in each side and frelease the radio from the enclosure and then pulls out front.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom