1984 Perkins 6354M Raw water exhaust issue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New to me, started up today, no issues fired right up, go out back to check raw water and see this (approx 1300rpm). Anything to be concerned? After about 5 min calmed down but looks "aerated" at startup. Temp no issues. Last impeller change 1.5 years ago by PO. Heat exchanger tube stack removed and sent to radiator shop for cleaning 3ish years ago according to PO.

Attachments

• PXL_20240410_200727598.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240410_200727598.MP.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 38
Can you watch the water inlet strainers during startup to see if they have air? 5 minutes seems a little long if the inlets and strainers are clear and pumps have good flow. It appears you are moving a good amount of water.

Have same engine in one of my boats. Looks strange to me. Like a suction leak aerating the raw water. Check everything b/4 the seawater pump. Not a turbo, right?

Have same engine in one of my boats. Looks strange to me. Like a suction leak aerating the raw water. Check everything b/4 the seawater pump. Not a turbo, right?
Thanks, kinda my thought too. Nothing out of the ordinary though, sea strainer no cavitation bubbles ect. The outflow almost looks like calcium in it. Impeller I popped open and looks fine.....

Back
Top Bottom