1982 Krogen 42 Forward Head Hatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackSwan

Looking to replace my forward head ventilation hatch on my 1982 Krogen 42. Anyone know what mfg and size hatch would be a direct fit?

I have a 1986 KK42 and the construction may be different or I may be losing it (or already lost it) but I'm not familiar with the forward head ventilation hatch that you've mentioned. My forward head has port and starboard portals on the outer hull and the shower has louvered teak doors leading into the anchor locker but I'm not aware of a ventilation hatch. Do you have a picture?

Thanks for the reply.
1000008285.jpg

The hatch you see is overhead in the forward head (not shower). Maybe it was installed well after initial build

Like they say... if you've seen one Krogen, you've seen one Krogen. It may have been in the original build or possibly added later, but I don't have it on my boat. I can only suggest trying to find some markings on what you have and then using your digital encyclopedia to look for a supplier. Good luck.

If you're a member, Krogen Cruisers is a group of (generally) Krogen owners who may be more familiar than me. There's also a couple of Facebook groups (Kadey Krogen Owners and Kadey Krogen Owners Only) that may be able to shed some light.

I agree that the small hatch was some previous owners retrofit. We have a 1983 KK42 # 41 and we have no hatch in the head.

When I went to replace the ancient bowmar hatches on my pilothouse roof there weren’t any in the exact size I needed. I ended up oversizing the openings for new vetus hatches. I think it was the better way to go. Trying to get the old hatches out of all that 5200 would have been tough to do.

Back
Top Bottom