1979 marine trader Europa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drummer79

Veteran Member
This link was sent to me by the broker I'm now talking to as well. It's got an apparent soft spot in the floor of v berth, no generator, and starting price is more than the other one I found that's already had all the water leak, core rot issues fixed in the past. I'm thinking the other one is more of a blank canvas, with bank account room to spare to make it what I want out of it, but this one is pretty, gotta admit. https://www.popyachts.com/trawlers-for-sale/marine-trader-36-europa-in-indiantown-florida-r1-248099

This boat is certainly well ballasted, weighing in at a reported 138,000 lbs! :eek:

Look to the Past

If you poke around the POP Yachts site long enough looking at the Comparables section in other listings you will find that they sold this boat several years ago. For considerably less money, with a working generator, and before it has spent the last few years weathering in the Florida sunshine. I seem to recall that it came from further North and previously lived in a covered slip.

Gotcha. As I said in original post, I'm thinking I found my diamond in the rough in the other boat I have a thread about

Greetings,
Mr. 79. Yep. Stick with pursuit of the '75 MT. The seemingly low price ('75 MT) is probably a result of her age more so than her condition. Personally, if the layout is to your liking, put a conditional offer on her pending a good survey. As mentioned, she may not last long so don't dally.

Edit: Flights from DCA (Washington) to FLL (Fort Lauderdale) are dirt cheap AND you need a mini vacay, don't you?
https://www.expedia.com/lp/flights/dca/fll/washington-to-fort-lauderdale

Last edited:
Good morning Drummer. We have a 1984 Europa 34 and love the layout - only one cabin (plenty of saloon berthing for an occasional guest) but excellent living space with a comfortable galley and a large cockpit ( which we can start enjoying now that winter is coming to Florida). One big advantage to the Europa is the extensive overhangs to the side decks and cockpit - makes a big difference in both sun and rain. We do have soft decks, however, and I’m slowly working up the courage to start on them……..

Decks are a lot easier to fix than you think. Just a matter of cutting out the bad, and replacing. Its daunting at first, but actually pretty straight forward. Have no fear, dive in.

We are the proud owners of a 36' MT Europa. My wife calls it "leaky teaky". Definitely a project boat. We got it for a song, but the hull is solid and the engine is good. The Teak decking definitely leaks and we too have soft spots to address (just one). Regardless, we are pulling out all the teak decking in the spring and filling in/re-glassing all the screw holes on the decking.
Wife is already researching and sourcing that "plas-teak" type of vinyl decking to be installed the following(we hope) year.

Watched a few youtube videos on decking repair and the more we watch, the less intimidating it becomes. Looking forward to digging-in in the spring.

Did my decks about 10 years ago lots of pix pm me for moral support if needed ;-)

Back
Top Bottom