1979 Mainship 34-Wiring Diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carl Tenning

Vessel Name
Skipjack II
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
Does anyone have an electrical diagram for a 1979 Mainship-34?

Does anyone have an electrical diagram for a 1979 Mainship-34?
Carl
Welcome aboard TF from another happy MS owner.
Just my opinion but I would not trust any diagram from that era..Era... too much time and likely owner mods. I simply started tracing and recording major cables etc like battys, switches, to main panel, alternator & shore charging, etc.
A coil of wire with alligator clips and a multimeter helpful for tracing via continuity. One with a clamp on DC ammeter also very helpful but be sure it is DC capable.
I started by understanding the batty switching & (almost) always on breaker panel that my 34HT had that is separate from my DC and AC breaker panels.
In that case it's important to closely examine and figure out the supply side from the backside as some panels gave a split supply buss bar that supplies breakers from different sources... some switched others not.

Last edited:
Wiring Diagram

Thanks, I'll start doing some tracing.
Carl

I am also looking for an original wiring diagram with color codes.
I know for sure it has many things are different than 1979 but i hope to trace back some of the main harnesses and ensure everything is safe. I know when the original Perkins engine was replaced with the Cat 3208 it really changed this boat for sure.

I don't need a diagram but it would help for sure. The wiring is pretty basic on this boat but also does not really come close to todays standards. I am also finding a few somewhat questionable techniques so mapping it out would help.

I don't need a diagram but it would help for sure. The wiring is pretty basic on this boat but also does not really come close to todays standards. I am also finding a few somewhat questionable techniques so mapping it out would help.

I can supply you with the original wiring diagrams. Send me a PM and I can send them to you

Back
Top Bottom