View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #2
Seevee
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 400 Mainship
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchace View Post
Now that we have 2 kayaks, we need a good place to put them where they are secure but not in the way. We don't have a hard top and I would greatly prefer not to drill into the forward deck for mounts. I also don't want anything that might rub against the teak top rail. Although if I had to install a simple piece of foam on the teak rail that would be ok. I've seen a couple of "rack" styles that mount to the rail uprights. This one from Magma seems like it might work. I'm thinking of mounting them inboard just aft of the major curve of the bow. Does anybody have any experience with this style or have any other ideas?

R10-626

Thanks,
Ken
Kinda hard without more details about the dimensions of your boat.

However, perhaps if you had some sort of hoist that could get them above the walkway onto the racks you linked to attached to the side of the flybridge.... would work.

I do that on my mainship, however, with the flybridge overhang, the kayak just sits on the overhang. Also, my kayak is 90 lbs, tandem pedal kayak... way heavier than most, but works excellent. The racks would take the place of the overhang.

I could argue against mounting them on the rail.... get in the way when locking or docking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back-S.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	86092