View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #30
Snapdragon III
Veteran Member

City: Kenmore
Vessel Name: Snapdragon
Vessel Model: Seakeeper 41'
After all this I was very disappointed, and feeling very unconfident in this setup, which runs my refrigeration compressor, freezer compressor, house bank alternator, hydraulics. In all this messing around I also discovered that the original pulleys were about 1/8" too far out from the engine for the belts to be perfectly aligned, which is suspect might have unevenly loaded the belts, and been part of the cause for them loosening up. I decided to take the nuclear option, and open up the checkbook. I took the parts To a local machine shop and had them make me some new custom stainless steel pulley's that were the proper alignment, and incorporated the flange to attach to the factory engine pulley, and the sheave all in one piece. Of coarse, the second original pulley that was still stuck with the locktight 660 was about impossible to get off. Heating it up to 450F on the engine took me forever. I finally got it off, and was very relieved to put the new ones on and find that I had figured the measurements right and the belt alignment was perfect. It cost a bunch, but they look sweet, and I am very confident they will never fail, or give me any trouble, and they are much easier to get off than the old setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0943.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	63603   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	63604  
Snapdragon III is offline   Reply With Quote