Pack Mule
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
Marty,
WAY too rough to be a "Courting Machine". As you can see from these close up pics. I plan to refinish the gunwales, paint the interior, clean and polish the hull, remove the keel trunk, cut the transom down 2" for the OB and perhaps install some cleats and engine controls.

Here are the pics that show much detail of the gunwales. (Too much haha) My other little boat (10') has very lightweight gunwales compared to this much heavier boat. Not planing to make her yacht club presentable .. more like nice work boat. I may even try Cetol on the Gig. Never used it before. A friend has a Willard w Cetol cap rails and it's about what I've got in mind for the Gig. The next owner can go the courting machine route.

Sunchaser,
If you're looking you can see that the seats are air chambers. Saw no signs of leakage.
Thanks for the close up pictures Eric . Now I think I will just add some more laminations and beef up my gunwales instead of trying to make a complete new rail cap . Since I took off the funky padded rail I need to add more width .The staples were all coming loose and it was torn in a few places . A new rail cap was getting too complicated and I'm not sure I had enough teak anyway . You've got a great boat that should serve you well.