On our boat...the original dryer hose ran to an external fitting....but when they put it in...they put too many turns in it...and they never cleaned it. I ended up pulling out the vinyl hose that had the internal wire coil in it.... It was packed with lint....and when I removed the old washer and dryer....we found that we were lucky that the dryer never caught fire....
I replaced the units....and replaced the dryer hose with the metal expandable hose that ends up being smoother inside and gives better air flow. I ran it through the bulkhead into the engine room and connected it to a vented plastic box like gizmo that you put water into and it catches most of the lint. Some dust makes it out but its not bad... Biggest thing about the gizmo is to clean it on a regular basis....so the water doesn't get funky smelling.... Its one of these:
But I used the rigid metal hose to connect it to the dryer.