Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
GFC
Guru
 
GFC's Avatar
 
City: Tri Cities, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,684
Nice sunset tonight

I was just sitting in the house and spotted this gorgeous sunset. I was just a couple minutes late getting down to the rivershore but these still turned out pretty well so I thought I'd share them with you. These were taken right in front of our house...







Ya gotta love a sunset that's so full of color.
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Mike and Tina
Beachcomber 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,701
GFC you know when to take the pic.

Wonderful!
__________________

__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Guru
 
Moonfish's Avatar


 
City: Port Townsend, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 698
Pretty! Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Darren
Port Townsend, WA
m/v Traveler - '79 Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
http://www.pacificnwboater.com
Moonfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Very nice pic, you caught it right in time!
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
GFC you know when to take the pic.

Wonderful!
Right, timing is everything. Many times the best lighting is a few minutes after the sun drops below the horizon. On the beaches of the West coast of Florida most people will leave after the sun drops. If they would wait just a few minutes they would see some of the prettiest skies.
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Ben
Guru
 
Ben's Avatar
 
City: Wilmington, NC
Country: US
Vessel Name: Sand Castle
Vessel Model: 1986 MT Sundeck 35.5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
I was just sitting in the house and spotted this gorgeous sunset. I was just a couple minutes late getting down to the rivershore but these still turned out pretty well so I thought I'd share them with you. These were taken right in front of our house...







Ya gotta love a sunset that's so full of color.
These are really top-tier sunset photos. You should really consider putting some up in Panoramio and listing on Google Earth. Well done.

Panoramio - Sunset - Tramonti.
__________________
..................................
Ben

MV Sand Castle
Wilmington, NC
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Ted
Guru
 
Ted's Avatar
 
City: Campbell River
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Okisollo
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Right, timing is everything. Many times the best lighting is a few minutes after the sun drops below the horizon. On the beaches of the West coast of Florida most people will leave after the sun drops. If they would wait just a few minutes they would see some of the prettiest skies.

Right!
On a clear day at sea watch for the "green flash".
I have seen it three times for one sunset.
Be nimble, be quick.
Ted
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
GFC
Guru
 
GFC's Avatar
 
City: Tri Cities, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,684
One of the thing that really caught my eye when I was taking those pics was the configuration of the clouds at the center of where the sun was going down.

I just went back in and took a second look at the pics and enlarged one then cropped the center portion. Here's what it looks like....





Very unusual formations in the middle there.
__________________
Mike and Tina
Beachcomber 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
One of the thing that really caught my eye when I was taking those pics was the configuration of the clouds at the center of where the sun was going down. I just went back in and took a second look at the pics and enlarged one then cropped the center portion. Here's what it looks like.... Very unusual formations in the middle there.
Are you a photographer? Because your pics are good.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
One of the thing that really caught my eye when I was taking those pics was the configuration of the clouds at the center of where the sun was going down.

I just went back in and took a second look at the pics and enlarged one then cropped the center portion. Here's what it looks like....





Very unusual formations in the middle there.
The bottom picture looks as if a big manta ray is coming. OK now, you arm chair psychiatrists have a ball with that.

The geese on the larger picture really add perspective and interest. Great photographs.
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
OK Don

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2314966384.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	25876  
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #12
Guru
 
AusCan's Avatar
 
City: Adelaide
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,091
Nice, GFC.
We got similar colour in our sunset yesterday.
Here's a pic of us rowing out to where we spent last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rowing into sunset.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	25892  
AusCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
GFC
Guru
 
GFC's Avatar
 
City: Tri Cities, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,684
Oliver, no, I'm not a photographer by trade, I just do it for fun. When I come across something like that I might take 50-60 photos (Thank GOD for digital cameras) and only keep one or two.

I do like to take photos and my camera is usually close at hand. If we travel I always have it with me because you never know when you're going to see that one great thing to photograph. Sunrises and sunsets are among my favorite things to take photos of. You just never know when you're going to come across that very special one
__________________
Mike and Tina
Beachcomber 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
6-Pack's Avatar
 
City: Everett, Wa
Vessel Name: The 6-Pack
Vessel Model: 1983 45' CHB Europa Trawler
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
Oliver, no, I'm not a photographer by trade, I just do it for fun. When I come across something like that I might take 50-60 photos (Thank GOD for digital cameras) and only keep one or two. I do like to take photos and my camera is usually close at hand. If we travel I always have it with me because you never know when you're going to see that one great thing to photograph. Sunrises and sunsets are among my favorite things to take photos of. You just never know when you're going to come across that very special one
GFC,

Did you ever get pictures of the GB out of the water???
__________________
Jeff & Michelle
The 6-Pack
1983 45' CHB Europa
6-Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #15
Guru
 
Off Duty's Avatar
 
City: Tampa
Country: USA
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 843
Friggin' awesome shots GFC!
Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Right, timing is everything. Many times the best lighting is a few minutes after the sun drops below the horizon. On the beaches of the West coast of Florida most people will leave after the sun drops. If they would wait just a few minutes they would see some of the prettiest skies.
Amen!
I love living on the West Coast of Fla. I'm 30 mins. East of Clearwater Beach, Tarpon Springs and St. Pete Beach.

On a beautiful evening, you crank up some Buffett, raise a glass, and enjoy some magnificent sunsets with dozens of friends you'll never meet.
Off Duty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #16
GFC
Guru
 
GFC's Avatar
 
City: Tri Cities, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-Pack View Post
GFC,

Did you ever get pictures of the GB out of the water???
The GB? What's that? I don't have a Grand Banks, I have a Sea Ray Sedan Bridge. Here's a couple of shots of her out of the water just before we got her back after the flybridge was reinstalled. It had been removed for transport from MI to Portland, OR.



__________________
Mike and Tina
Beachcomber 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
6-Pack's Avatar
 
City: Everett, Wa
Vessel Name: The 6-Pack
Vessel Model: 1983 45' CHB Europa Trawler
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
The GB? What's that? I don't have a Grand Banks, I have a Sea Ray Sedan Bridge. Here's a couple of shots of her out of the water just before we got her back after the flybridge was reinstalled. It had been removed for transport from MI to Portland, OR.
Sorry no I posted in the wrong thread. I was looking for the pictures of the sunken Grand Banks that sunk in your marina over the holiday. I was wondering if there was an update.
__________________
Jeff & Michelle
The 6-Pack
1983 45' CHB Europa
6-Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #18
GFC
Guru
 
GFC's Avatar
 
City: Tri Cities, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,684
Sorry about that. I just forgot to post the pics and the rest of the story, so here's a linky to that thead.

Not a good way to start the day....
__________________

__________________
Mike and Tina
Beachcomber 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012