Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a company in New Zealand that is licensed to build them. I think the military look is pretty awesome, and breaks with traditional appearance. Try this link:

Dickey Boats Art Nautica LRC 58 built in New Zealand | Dickey Boats

Hi,

The boat was designed by Denis Harjamaa (name is Finish, but i dot know..), the desing work name of the boat was in Finish "Koti" = "Home" in English. The boat has a wonderful small fuel consumption.

img_6461-2.jpg

buHCzIr67Wbja_xEYvOGJTQJDk_g6NBVQmXW3tQR0zFqxP3S0dK2vmcBz6CB6ME-w11nLvsJUftNsEvaNuxfaWzPoEvoBHN4PievQpOm0L_DpEFXz4A=w572

_8wyATEZskWGcHZCbapSCjhOtUHXOSjs3X0vED3qq2_brGqtJ4lzR7NSHB2tij-ziCEZdsZB8R6rFJBsjLhGaKJK_1sJwLHWzP2IZKkfNHvoSrBvtQ=w572

more thecnical info https://www.artnautica.com/designs/long-range-cruiser-58

And
https://artnautica.eu/

NBs

Last edited:
I love the bow wave... err... ripple!

I love the bow wave... err... ripple!

oops! TF posts I give sometimes show on my screen and sometimes don't!

Lmao. Soo true. Boats an hoes.

Seeing as Christmas is closing in... and... boats n' hoes [ho's] can sometimes become an "expensive" gift:

Here's one reason why as well as how to give the best [ho] gift available... that is... if you can find her for Dear Santa!

But what's that ramming horn thing in the front for? Maybe he's been reading too many stories about a guy named Captain Nemo :)

Nice boat, but I'd go with a stockless nestled against the bow in a hawserpipe. Probably save $250+ per year in marina fees.

But what's that ramming horn thing in the front for? Maybe he's been reading too many stories about a guy named Captain Nemo :)

Nice boat, but I'd go with a stockless nestled against the bow in a hawserpipe. Probably save $250+ per year in marina fees.

Probably likes to sleep at night while at anchor without listening to the chain scrape around on that pretty plumb aluminum bow....

HOLLYWOOD

Took about a hour to find the below information. (I did look lots of build pictures)

From their web site:

LRC58 Specifications

Loa: 17.6m
Beam: 4m
Lwl: 17.4m
Draft: 0.95m
Heavy Displacement: 16 tonnes incl. payload
Water: 1,200 litres
Engine: Beta Marine / Kubota 75-90hp
Fuel: 3,800 litres
Fuel consumption: 0.80 litres per nautical mile
Cruising speed 7-9 knots

Took about a hour to find the below information. (I did look lots of build pictures)

From their web site:

LRC58 Specifications

Cruising speed 7-9 knots

Hi,

0,8 litres = 4,75 nm/gal this sitzes trawler:thumb: and The LRC58 is self-righting, wow:whistling:, maby green paint this boats it is fine.

NBs

Hi,

0,8 litres = 4,75 nm/gal this sitzes trawler:thumb: and The LRC58 is self-righting, wow:whistling:, maby green paint this boats it is fine.

NBs

NO IDEA of the price nor time to complete.

I did notice it was VERY white inside. I think it could use lots of internal 'warm teak.'

Hmmmm, does 'self righting' imply it is easy to tip over? SMIRK

Last edited:
If interested in the Artnautica LRC58 go to www.morganscloud.com for lots of info. If you subscribe for like $3 you can read his ebook about his search for a better offshore powerboat. Pretty interesting stuff IMO.

It really limits your choice of anchor.

Spooky, that Dickey 58 popped up on a feed of mine a few days back and now its here as well.

NO IDEA of the price nor time to complete.

I did notice it was VERY white inside. I think it could use lots of internal 'warm teak.'

Hmmmm, does 'self righting' imply it is easy to tip over? SMIRK

Dan, the LRC 58 has been around for awhile now, a member here is having one built in Turkey at this moment. Google Mobius World, it looks like an amazing build. Dennis designed a nice boat initially to meet his own needs...I think all in cost around 1 Million..Year or so to build. One or two have been completed in Europe as well..

Dan, the LRC 58 has been around for awhile now, a member here is having one built in Turkey at this moment. Google Mobius World, it looks like an amazing build. Dennis designed a nice boat initially to meet his own needs...I think all in cost around 1 Million..Year or so to build. One or two have been completed in Europe as well..

I doubt if I will live another year so I guess I wont order one. SHRUG

Dang OldDan, I hope you aren’t serious about the year. But if you are, I’m really sorry to hear that.

That LRC58 is a fine looking boat to me. I like the battleship look. I showed it to my wife and said this would be the “ultimate cruiser” for us. She just rolled her eyes. I’m going to take that as a positive reaction. [emoji849]

Dang OldDan, I hope you aren’t serious about the year. But if you are, I’m really sorry to hear that.

That LRC58 is a fine looking boat to me. I like the battleship look. I showed it to my wife and said this would be the “ultimate cruiser” for us. She just rolled her eyes. I’m going to take that as a positive reaction. [emoji849]

I got the same reaction... NOPE! Nadda Chance!

Fly bridge.... 1.8 mil? My nieces and nephews would be totally pissed at me. Not one of them is into boating. LOL
Maybe I missed it but, no mention of stabilizers, just flopper stoppers.
Engine 280hp ????
Oops, different brand of boat.

What happened to the standard 90hp on the 58ft?

I'm sure I can find a couple of unpaid crew here.

Last edited:
I doubt if I will live another year so I guess I wont order one. SHRUG

Let me add to other, if this is a true statement, I too am sorry, I have and do enjoy you contributions to the forum on so many subjects:eek:

Al-Ketchikan

Let me add to other, if this is a true statement, I too am sorry, I have and do enjoy you contributions to the forum on so many subjects:eek:

Al-Ketchikan

SHRUG
If I am still here next December, please call me a liar.

Per my 'contribution', there are others more knowledgeable than myself.
You just have to convince them to contribute. SMILE

It really limits your choice of anchor.

I don’t think so at all. There are standard “Navy” style anchors which are pretty much useless. There is a whole selection of high holding power anchors like Poole and AC-14 and others. And there are even extremely high holding power anchors which rival Rocnas, Excels and other magical metals. In additional there’s the old reliable Danforth and Fortress.

Even if your stockless is a hundred pounds heavier than a modern roll bar anchor, the reality is that 100lbs is nothing. It’s the weight of a pre-teen little girl standing on the bow watching the dolphins swim.

That ugly ramming horn sticks out at least 2 feet. Maybe 3 feet. If your slip costs $10 per month per foot then it is costing you $250-$350 per year to own that hunk of metal. What happens when you are maneuvering and gently bump into the next guy’s boat with that thing? How much will the repairs cost.

So it’s not just an aesthetic consideration, but I perform risk analyses at work so perhaps I’m over thinking this thing ?

Anyway, just my opinion

Last edited:
Probably likes to sleep at night while at anchor without listening to the chain scrape around on that pretty plumb aluminum bow....

HOLLYWOOD

There are ways of controlling the chain scraping along the hull. Here is one example:
IMG_2772.jpg

BTW that looks like a big Poole anchor.

From their web site:

LRC58 Specifications

Cruising speed 7-9 knots
Good specs. I wonder if that fuel burn rate is calculated or confirmed through sea trials. It's a nice boat and ticks all my boxes. I just don't have the bank account for it and I'm to pretty to go to jail for robbing the place. :lol:

One would believe this a nice rendition of what an trawler be defined. Obviously a transformed working trawler. Enjoy the video of a seaworthy boat. I do not depict any stabilizer gear just a raw full displacement hull doing what should be done while doing it. Watch particularly as it is passing the incoming cargo ship. Wake action!
Enjoy:

Last edited:
One would believe this a nice rendition of what an trawler be defined. Obviously a transformed working trawler. Enjoy the video of a seaworthy boat. I do not depict any stabilizer gear just a raw full displacement hull doing what should be done while doing it. Watch particularly as it is passing the incoming cargo ship. Wake action!
Enjoy:

Sure gets 'jumpy' at the 4 minute mark :D

Enjoy:

Thanks, nice video!

With a soft roll and ride, these Scandinavian type Trawler boats are really good, the boat depth usually ranges from 2.5 to 3 meters, this is part of the cause of good seaworthy.

NBs

Last edited:
One would believe this a nice rendition of what an trawler be defined... Watch particularly as it is passing the incoming cargo ship. Wake action!

Wow some rolly seas. Beautiful varnished wood hull, but I guess you Florida boys won't be doing that to your boats! I bet the owner is glad he's not in a little plastic recreational "yacht."

So he obviously loves his Caterpillar, and I notice those rolling chocks are pretty much useless. I've always read they are about 8-9% effective at reducing roll.

Back
Top Bottom