Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
North Sea Boats custom long range pilothouse

This 63' beast has almost a 22' beam and weighs 107 gross tons. The draft isn't mentioned and suspect it is around 7'. Oddly, there are no pics of the pilothouse and limited pics of the engine room. Kind of looks like she has been a dock queen for a few years and both the engine and genny need some work. The price seems real good for a boat this size. I am clueless about the designer and builder.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/19...ilothouse-3601092/?refSource=standard listing

Attachments

• NorthSea.jpg
    NorthSea.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 103
This 63' beast has almost a 22' beam and weighs 107 gross tons. The draft isn't mentioned and suspect it is around 7'. Oddly, there are no pics of the pilothouse and limited pics of the engine room. Kind of looks like she has been a dock queen for a few years and both the engine and genny need some work. The price seems real good for a boat this size. I am clueless about the designer and builder.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/19...ilothouse-3601092/?refSource=standard listing

That’s a lot of boat for the money..

So far as I am aware this vessel has not left the dock in more than 15 years. Used to live nearby and the boat was always there whenever I drove by. Was curious but never curious enough to venture closer than a drive by.

Greetings,
First impression upon seeing the photos was Home Depot special. A WAG to bring her up to yacht quality would be at least $250K...Maybe, IF the mechanicals and electrical were all in good shape. Double the $$ if not.

Just had another look at the listing and I think my $$ estimates (above) are low. Whoever wrote up the listing should be writing for SNL.

giphy.webp

Last edited:
Greetings,
First impression upon seeing the photos was Home Depot special. A WAG to bring her up to yacht quality would be at least $250K...Maybe, IF the mechanicals and electrical were all in good shape. double the $$ if not.

I might have had flashing red alarms as well. Tons of potential here, but you will have to start with a complete tear out as I would not trust anything I could not see including that wavy plywood trap door covering a major egress point so you can get to the kitchen counters and cabinets.

Also noted some of the photos have trees growing in them, some don’t. So I was concerned all the photos were of the same era.

I agree, the boat has great potential.
Just glancing around the interior, might take a week or two just to get the excess stuff off the boat and cleaned up before you can plan what to do next.
Naturally, I would insist on at least 2 surveys. Boat, in and out of the water, plus the traditional survey points and a separate engine survey. Then, depending upon what was discovered, a sea trial.

Definitely a dock queen......That old girl hasn't been out dancing on a Saturday night in a long time.

Awesome potential, but with no stabilizers, probably a rolly thing and a third floor pilothouse to get thrown around in. Nice tankage though, and I think the 855 Cummins is the right power for it. Anybody see a bow thruster. Twin 30 amp shore power isn’t enough either.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. cd. Good grief! She's been run hard and put away wet more often than not....$40K is the best I would potentially offer...

Last edited:
Gotta ask, why do people let boats go to hell?
If the owner has lost interest in boating, clean it up and sell it, don't wait until it costs a fortune to bring it back to its former self.

Gotta ask, why do people let boats go to hell?
If the owner has lost interest in boating, clean it up and sell it, don't wait until it costs a fortune to bring it back to its former self.

Could be a death in the family, business commitments etc. I wonder how long ago it did the passage from Oregon to Texas. She has been for sale for a minute. Passagemaking design, I have never heard of Fazzio Boat building...

IMO, way too much work for one person to do. If someone buys the boat, I suggest you find a good yard, give them plan and keep an eye on them for following the plan and quality assurance.
I am too old to take on a project like this.

I could have that topside/exterior in shape in two weeks with a couple of my deckhands as laborers with appropriate tools. These guys do 150' steel boat every year like nothing. I wouldn't sandblast. Unknown engineering condition but a 4-71 is hard to kill. Interior is industrial finish that probably hides some surprises. If I were to offer on this boat, it would be 30-35k and I bet I would get it...

I could have that topside/exterior in shape in two weeks with a couple of my deckhands as laborers with appropriate tools. These guys do 150' steel boat every year like nothing. I wouldn't sandblast. Unknown engineering condition but a 4-71 is hard to kill. Interior is industrial finish that probably hides some surprises. If I were to offer on this boat, it would be 30-35k and I bet I would get it...

Post to us when you make an offer and if accepted.

I mean, I've definitely worked on rustier boats... lol. A couple of needle guns, a wire wheel or three, and you're golden!

She's a really odd mixture of 'hey that's actually kinda nice...' and 'OHSWEETBABYJESUSNO!'

I am not in the market for a boat and have no intention of offering on it.

Yes, I think we all understand.
Gonna be a lot of work to get it back in shape.
I'd be afraid to even go look at it. I am afraid they would not let me leave the yard unless I made an offer. LOL

360 Pilot House window, low windage

This boat might be easy to single-hand. Not sure about economy, but it has a new zinc and the prop is in great shape.

Attachments

• 20191027_142604.jpg
    20191027_142604.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 108
Are you sure that is a boat and not a tidal generator or something?

Maybe Wile E. Coyote will buy it. It needs a huge suction cup to attach to the bottom of a ship. Call it the Lamprey.

What is that thing?

Are you sure that is a boat and not a tidal generator or something?

Maybe Wile E. Coyote will buy it. It needs a huge suction cup to attach to the bottom of a ship. Call it the Lamprey.

What is that thing?

A manned torpedo..

That thing is a Azipod, swiveling propulsion for a ship.. they typically use them in multiples.
HOLLYWOOD

Attachments

• azipod.jpg
    azipod.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 472
That thing is a Azipod, swiveling propulsion for a ship.. they typically use them in multiples.
HOLLYWOOD
Yep and it looks like it's awaiting it's mother ship. Maybe a spare kept at the ready in case of failure or damage. Probably belongs to a local tug outfit.

I glimpsed the graceful lines of this beauty while transiting through Steinhatchee, FL. Tried both sides of the river to get a closer shot, but this was the best I could do. I could see this thing being lazy in the bayous of Louisiana, but if you look closer, you’ll see it belongs to “Islander Evangelistic Ministries”.

Attachments

• 003D1F16-2834-45AF-BB23-D3BD23EB7FF1.jpg
    003D1F16-2834-45AF-BB23-D3BD23EB7FF1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom