Wish to charter Mainship, mid June for 2 weeks on the Chesapeake Bay.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuartBell

Vessel Name
Shearwater IV
Vessel Make
Ranger Tug. R25
We are looking for 2 weeks to explore the Chsapeake - with the goal of considering a future purchase.

We are very experienced, I'm a retired USCG master and delivery captain.

Anywhere on the Bay is fine.

Most any time in June is fine.

Thank you, Stuart Bell, stu@shearwater-sailing.com, 561-352-1796

Try Haven Charters in Rock Hall, MD. They have a Mainship 390.

Try Haven Charters in Rock Hall, MD. They have a Mainship 390.
We contacted Haven charters, selected the main ship 390 you recommended, and completed the extensive Sailing résumé.

We’re waiting for them to review the résumé and accept our request for the boat.

..... .and don't go to Baltimore.
Why would I not go to Baltimore? It is one of my favorite cities to visit by boat.

I enjoy aquarium, look forward to the Reading terminal market for lunch, and have found the area really enjoyable.

Has something significant change that I should know about.?

Nothing has changed, Baltimore is one of the nicest port cities on the eastern seaboard. It’s my home port and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

John

Why would I not go to Baltimore? It is one of my favorite cities to visit by boat.

I enjoy aquarium, look forward to the Reading terminal market for lunch, and have found the area really enjoyable.

Has something significant change that I should know about.?
Maybe the OP meant to say "Lexington Market," as the Reading Terminal (which is amazing) is in downtown Philadelphia. Happy mistake, though, as now I know about the Lexington Market, which I'd been ignorant of before. So thanks!

As to significant changes in B'more, I suspect the other post was making a wry allusion to the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. Reportedly the channel is now mostly open to marine traffic. Trucks and cars, not so much.

I'll look forward to learning something more about the Haven Charters experience.

Lexington Market it is, thank you. I was born in Philadelphia and guess I "reverted."

Dealing with charter companies on the bay is much like my high school prom date - whatever I offer, she waited for a better offer. Eventually, she married someone else - and I went to a different prom.

Maybe someone with a boat wants to charter it for a couple of weeks? The act of offering to a charter company seems to scare them away.

We will see . . .

I contacted Haven Yacht Charters about the Mainship 390 they list. Both their website and their contact staff are not supporive of chartering this boat.

I submitted 3 separate sailing resumes - they eitheer didn't get them or claimed they were "miosplaced." There is no doubt of my qualifications - I am a former trawler owner, a USCG Master, an ASA instr8uctor, and have delivered boats for years before retiring - all well documented and with no insurance claims.

I have also chartered many times over the years - again with no claims. Bahamas, Virgin Islands and others.

What could they want.

If you own a boat and are listing it with Haven Yacht Charters, try to charter the boat under another nae -- then look for a more responsive and reasonable charter operator.

We have since made other vacation plans - but are likely to try to charter the Chesapeake during the prime May or June season next year - and are open to charter company recommendations.

I contacted Haven Yacht Charters about the Mainship 390 they list. Both their website and their contact staff are not supporive of chartering this boat.

I submitted 3 separate sailing resumes - they eitheer didn't get them or claimed they were "miosplaced."
That's annoying, but not too surprising. Did the charter company staff try steering you to a different boat in their fleet? That has happened to me with other bareboat charter operators, who for various reasons were unable to rent me the boat they had advertised and that I inquired about, but instead tried to get me to accept something I didn't want.

No, actually they essentially ignored me. Talked to two agents, both said somehting like I am qualified to charter and sent me a resume to complete. I did that and never heard back.

Calling them is very difficult - you get to voice mail and they never see to acknowledge the call.

Reminds me of 12th grade looking for a senior prom date. Asked a person I had dated a few times - and she just diidn't acknowledge the request. Friends said said she was waiting for a better offer.

I hope they get a handsome football player to charter the boat - all I can offer is to pay the fee and bring significant boating experience to the table.

We booked an RV tour elsewhere.

Reminds me of 12th grade looking for a senior prom date. Asked a person I had dated a few times - and she just diidn't acknowledge the request. Friends said said she was waiting for a better offer.

I hope they get a handsome football player to charter the boat - all I can offer is to pay the fee and bring significant boating experience to the table.
As Red Green used to say, "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom