Interesting Book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

painlessone

Vessel Name
Painless
Vessel Make
Skipjack 262
Assuming the majority trawlers on this forum have diesel engines, I just finished a good non fiction book called "The Mysterious Case of Rudolf Diesel" by Douglas Brunt. I listened to the Audible version as I like Scott Brick as the narrator. It details the beginnings of the diesel engine and the importance it had in disrupting the entire transportation infrastructure from the turn of the century, WW1 and WW2 in Europe and the United States. It has a fascinating ending that was unexpected.

Assuming the majority trawlers on this forum have diesel engines, I just finished a good non fiction book called "The Mysterious Case of Rudolf Diesel" by Douglas Brunt. I listened to the Audible version as I like Scott Brick as the narrator. It details the beginnings of the diesel engine and the importance it had in disrupting the entire transportation infrastructure from the turn of the century, WW1 and WW2 in Europe and the United States. It has a fascinating ending that was unexpected.
I just read that book as well. Highly recommended.

Rob

Me too. Occasionally a little pedantic, telling you things we all know, but worth the read.(y)(y)

Me too. ,,,telling you things we all know, but worth the read.(y)(y)
Because we are so interested in the subject! I'll bet the vast majority of people have no idea that a diesel engine does not use spark ignition.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom