Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polarbear907

Greetings, I'm new here and have a few questions. While I'm no stranger to boating – having owned a cherished 1964 Chris-Craft Roamer 38ft steel hull since 1998, along with two 22ft Chris-Craft runabouts in Alaska – I'm now considering the purchase of a 1973 Gulfstar Mark 36 II. Despite having cash ready for the purchase, I'm facing challenges finding an insurance company willing to cover it. Surprisingly, my 59-year-old Roamer is insured with Allstate since 1998 without issues, but they won't extend coverage to the 1973 Gulfstar, citing its age. I've encountered similar resistance from other insurers. Are there any recommendations for insuring these older vessels, or is there a trend of boats going uninsured in the harbor? I'm eager to secure coverage for the Gulfstar and appreciate any insights or suggestions.
Thank you for your time and patience reading this post.

Coos Bay is your city. If your cruising will be that area give Red Shield a try.

Greetings, I'm new here and have a few questions. While I'm no stranger to boating – having owned a cherished 1964 Chris-Craft Roamer 38ft steel hull since 1998, along with two 22ft Chris-Craft runabouts in Alaska – I'm now considering the purchase of a 1973 Gulfstar Mark 36 II. Despite having cash ready for the purchase, I'm facing challenges finding an insurance company willing to cover it. Surprisingly, my 59-year-old Roamer is insured with Allstate since 1998 without issues, but they won't extend coverage to the 1973 Gulfstar, citing its age. I've encountered similar resistance from other insurers. Are there any recommendations for insuring these older vessels, or is there a trend of boats going uninsured in the harbor? I'm eager to secure coverage for the Gulfstar and appreciate any insights or suggestions.
Thank you for your time and patience reading this post.

Or call Boat Insurance Agency in Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom