garmin free updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magna 6882

Guru
Vessel Name
Intrepid
Vessel Make
North Pacific/ NP-45 Hull 10
i bought g3 vision 4/08/21 and i remember talk about 1 free update but now a cant remember the details. was it limited to the first year? I think the 22 year come of feb-march. I dont want to screw myself by going to early and not getting the newest chart or waiting to long and finding out time has elapsed and i dont qualify.Can find any details online so thought i would ask you guys.
Thanks

I would call Garmin. I do know that Garmin updates twice a year and they can tell when the updates come out. So you can time it correctly so there latest update comes out just before your one year is up.

Somewhere on Garmin’s site it says you get one free update within one year of purchase. I believe you have to register the card on line. Thru Active Captain app, Garmin Express on a PC or online thru your Garmin account.

“New Chart Guarantee for one free update to BlueChart g3… Limit one update per card. Valid within 12 months of purchase.”

I did that last month: Bought a G3 vision chart 12-31-2020 and needed the free update as late as possible within the 365 day time frame.
Tried on my own using Garmi Express but ran into some snag and called customee service:
I nice guy talked me through it, wasn't easy, forgot the excact problem, cleaning a cache or somthing obscure I could never have figured out on my own.

:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom