FW tank replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcy

Vessel Name
Paumanok
Vessel Make
Albin 34 Fast Trawler
One of our FW tanks is a Todd 35 gallon and is located under our bed. It just fits and is leaking (probably original - 1986 Albin 34). I believe the last time we had a tank replaced, we had to locate the fixtures accurately. Researching them now, it looks like the come pre-installed with red plugs for more than one configuration. Is this correct? Cannot get ahold of Todd for clarification. Todd has the exact size which is why we decided to stay with them. Any helpful insights? Thank you.

Marcy

I like Ronko tanks. They are a bery heavy wall tank and they will install the fitting bosses where you specify. They have about 400 stock tanks to choose from.

If it is leaking and you are set on replacing it, then why not remove it to properly measure inlet/outlets locations to be duplicated

Thank you for the replies. We did remove it and it came out a lot easier than we thought it would. We'd have to have a Ronca tank custom made as they don't come in the size configuration that we need. A new Todd is on the way now and in the meantime I have access to paint the bilge area under it. We found new fixtures for it at West Marine and need to finish ithis unexpected project before Launch on 11 May.

Marcy
Albin 34
Paumanok

Back
Top Bottom