Beta generator - input pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SIBERNUT

Guru
There's a little one for sale near me, 2 cyl diesel. Looks very clean, waiting for owner to get me model #.
Searched here, opinions good. But
Cog belt drive to gen ??
Need sudden replies, may go look at it this weekend. TKS!!

Ok guys, I did find a thread on here. Can anyone tell me what rpm this will run based on the cog belt drive ?
Noise ?

I had a NextGen 3.5 with the cogged belt. It ran at 2,800 rpm and the belt drive drove the generator at 3,600 rpm. Reasonably quiet too.

David

As you likely already know, Beta uses marinized Kubota diesel engines for their generator/sail boat auxiliaries. Kubota is about the most reliable small diesel engine around. Parts and service are widely available all over the world and Beta has a great reputation going back 20 years.

Things I would consider: Read reviews from other owners on this specific generator with the belt reduction setup. Try to find out why this generator is being sold? Was there something the previous owner didn't like about it? Have it surveyed, oil and coolant samples, compression test, etc. Make sure it has never been submerged due to the boat sinking. Make your offer/deposit contingent on a favorable survey.

Daniel

'89 Tradewinds 43' MY

TKS. Visually looks good. Sitting on the main deck it is removed from, boat being converted to liveaboard & wants the space. Turns over. Signs it was cared for like hoses have pads at rub points, clean filters, etc
He wants a thou.

TKS. Visually looks good. Sitting on the main deck it is removed from, boat being converted to liveaboard & wants the space. Turns over. Signs it was cared for like hoses have pads at rub points, clean filters, etc
He wants a thou.

It should be worth that much in just about any condition.

David

Nexgen beta 5.5 generator. Bought it, with a sound shield. Shield use requires a blower for cooling gen. Question is, do I really want the shield and the addl blower if in a lazarette ? If not is there a market for the shield etc ?

I have a sound shield on my Northern Lights 6kw generator and it's in the laz as well. Highly recommend it since when my generator is running you virtually can't hear it. If I pull the panels you do hear it in the salon. I also have a Gensep on the exhaust which also keeps it quiet.

Yeah, got that with it too. That's gonna be sold, I don't have a thru hull for the discharge.

Definitely use the sound shield. Love the Kubota D950 engine on my genset.

Bought it. Very confident with it, the factory clamps are still on all the fuel hoses. Start panel from boat it was on shows 00442 hrs. Best part is I met a real nice guy restoring a 36ft
MT, turned him on to this forum.
I am not using the "gen-sep", I LIKE to see water coming out exhaust. Anyone interested I'll sell it cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_151318712_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231113_151318712_HDR.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 17
Kubota 2 cyl next generation gen

OK, trying to get this little bugger to run. Injection pump gummed up from sitting. Anybody got an engine manual for this?
The 3 cyl pump looks the same, just need a blowup . Any help ?

I might be interested in the gen sep. Checking now on the specs. I have a 15kw NL. Do you have a price? It looks rough for a part that sits inside the boat. I had one on a prior boat and it did not show any exterior wear. Did this sink?

No sink

PO used expanding foam to hold it in place. I can make it pretty, but it is a plastic box w no moving parts, don't see how it could be bad. Make me an offer. I'm in middle river MD
Tks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom