Helmsman 38E Build Hull 61

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve got some samples of material for that. I think I’m going to do with a light gray to match my hull color. There are systems that attach the snaps to the hull with “double faced tape” made to hold very strong. Beats drilling holes in my boat. Is that what you did?

My canvas guy screws in snaps.

I was checking out a boat at my marina Saturday and he had the 3M stick on snaps. Had them for several years and very happy. So I’m thinking of doing that.

I was checking out a boat at my marina Saturday and he had the 3M stick on snaps. Had them for several years and very happy. So I’m thinking of doing that.
Sounds like something I'll consider also.

She is now off the coast of Japan headed to the Panama Canal. On a container ship, of course.

Attachments

• e7bf6fa2f3921f33050b9bd928040124.jpeg
    e7bf6fa2f3921f33050b9bd928040124.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
She is now off the coast of Japan headed to the Panama Canal. On a container ship, of course.
I love the way they marked the hull number on the shrink wrap in big numbers. That would have spared our Hull #50 two trips through the Panama Canal on its way from Shanghai to Seattle.
There are webcams at some of the locks if you want to catch a glimpse. On the return trip from Florida, our boat was on a yacht transport and clearly visible as it transited the canal.

Sounds like something I'll consider also.
I used the 3M stick-ons last year. So far, no problems. My canvas guy gave me a few xtras in case but have not needed any. No screw holes in the cabin house!!

I've had them for privacy screens on our diesel duck since 2019 with no failures to date.

I love the way they marked the hull number on the shrink wrap in big numbers. That would have spared our Hull #50 two trips through the Panama Canal on its way from Shanghai to Seattle.
There are webcams at some of the locks if you want to catch a glimpse. On the return trip from Florida, our boat was on a yacht transport and clearly visible as it transited the canal.
I was thinking the same thing! …..

Back
Top Bottom