Gulfstar 44my

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptRonn

Veteran Member
Currently looking at these boats. I prefer the Cat 3208 engines and models around 1985.

Is there much difference between the Mk 1 and Mk 2 versions? To me the Mk2 looks better and seems to have a bit more interior room.

I'm also considering a 49 model but there isn't much to choose from on the market on those.

The main difference is the Mk1 has the walk around deck. The Mk2 has the larger salon.

Thanks, that' what I assumed.

Right now my search has me between the Hatteras 43MY and the Gulfstar 44MY. Both have the Cat 3208. The one thing I really like about the Gulfstar is the engine room.

To me the down side of the Hatteras is the ladder to the bridge as I get older.

Ron, too bad you're not looking for one a bit bigger. There's a Hatt aft cabin in the slip next to me that hasn't moved in about 3 years. It moved into the slip and just sits there. It's about a 50'-55'.

Never met the owners, never seen anyone on it. I don't know if it's for sale but if you're interested I could make some inquiries.

Ron, too bad you're not looking for one a bit bigger. There's a Hatt aft cabin in the slip next to me that hasn't moved in about 3 years. It moved into the slip and just sits there. It's about a 50'-55'.

Never met the owners, never seen anyone on it. I don't know if it's for sale but if you're interested I could make some inquiries.

I appreciate that, but I live in Houston. Moving a boat like that over the road is a deal killer. There is a Gulfstar 49 on Lake Texoma for sale, but to move it to the gulf means major disassembly and major cash outlay, thus nobody wants to buy it and the owners don't want to come down on the price. So there it sits.

I'm not in any hurry to get into another boat, so I'll just keep watching the market.

Thanks again.

Still looking? I have a 85 44MY with walk around deck and 3208 Cats. I also live in Houston (League City) and keep it on Clear Lake.

Not looking to sell but you are welcome to look inside and ask questions if you need.

Back
Top Bottom