View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 06:35 PM   #31
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoennes View Post
Shhh, don't tell anybody but in normal times (non-COVID) my wife and I would charter a rag boat at least a couple times a year with another couple. Kept up our sailing skills, helped us embrace the whole "one with nature" thing, and it made us appreciate that our cabin cruiser back home has nice big windows high off the water and isn't a cave or hole in the water with slippery ladder stairs to the sole and we don't need nets on the beds to keep us from rolling out onto the floor, heeling over on a long beam reach.
Wifey B: In Non Covid times (omg I now know what BC means, Before Covid...ok, I know it's sacrilegious..please forgive me Goddess, but it's no worse than buying a sailboat), about four times a year when cruising we'd charter a sail boat for a day. We'd do the same with fishing charters. Now, we didn't work on our sailing skills because mostly we have none or very few. We love to spend a day on a sailboat in different locales and a day fishing in different locales. Not my thing all the time, but I do understand what people see in it at least. Our last time was a Moorings charter in the Bahamas which we kept for several days. We have a captain we hired last year who grew up working for Moorings in the Virgin Islands (she had gone mostly from sail to power) and lived on a sailboat as well with her father so were well covered there. So, enjoy your new powerboat with those things up there flapping in the air.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote