Trawlerfest Newport RI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backinblue

Guru
Vessel Name
Blue Moon
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 355
Just learned that this event is scheduled for August. Others here have expressed interest in an East coast cruising event. Anyone planning on going here? Newport is a great destination any time!

We’re considering going.

I've enjoyed Newport many times but never by boat. We were planning a Newport trip this year regardless, just not sure if we will take in Trawlerfest or avoid it. Any thoughts, local or otherwise?

Wife and I are excited to hear of this. We will definitely be there all week anchored off of Ida Lewis Yacht Club. Looking forward to the seminars and gatherings.

It says tickets available April 15th, but I can't figure out where.... Anyone have a link? Thanks much, cya there!

Thanks lollygag! We'll keep an eye out for you. That's a good idea; catching the water taxi...

I have heard that Trawlerfest is returning to Stuart, Florida on November 13, 2021, but cannot confirm this online. Has anyone heard anything about this? Husband and I have enjoyed it in the past, and really look forward to seeing it return.

Stuart Trawlerfest

That was my thought, as well. So, I am not sure whether to put it on my calendar. After your reply, I searched a bit further online, I did find mention of it on this website. https://www.atlantic-cruising.com/events/

Certainly, there should be a way to confirm this?

Stuart Trawlerfest dates

It is set for November 9th - 12th. Looking forward to it!

Note that Newport was canceled 2 weeks prior to show.

"Between a shortage of inventory among new and brokerage boats affecting the marine industry as a whole, and rising concerns about the delta variant while in an indoor space..."

I would check to see if Baltimore proceeds on 9/29 before making any firm plans.

BUT, there is a different show in Newport this weekend. And from the advertised inventory lineup there doesn't seem to be the same shortage.

More than meets the eye? I'm left wondering if Trawlerfest has vendor relations issues that make it less desireable for vendors to participate.

BUT, there is a different show in Newport this weekend. And from the advertised inventory lineup there doesn't seem to be the same shortage.

More than meets the eye? I'm left wondering if Trawlerfest has vendor relations issues that make it less desireable for vendors to participate.

The Newport International Boat show will mostly be new production boats brought in by dealers and stocked out of their inventory. Generally few trawlers with the exception of the occasional used Nordhavn donated by an owner for the show. I am definitely hearing that there are inventory shortages across the board and dealers are struggling to find boats to bring to the show.

I'm of the impression that Trawlerfest, on the other hand, is stocked with boats that owners agree to bring in for the "show" portion of the event. It sounds like they're having trouble finding owners willing to contribute boats. But it doesn't sound like issues with vendors. Many of the trawler manufacturers only "build to order" so they don't have dealers that carry inventory that can be brought to the show like Beneteau or Tiara, etc..

Back
Top Bottom