Froli Sleep Systems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moby Nick

Vessel Name
Du NORD
Vessel Make
Albin-25
Anybody here have experience with the Froli Sleep System consisting of snap-together plastic components which form a "spring" network under conventional foam berth cushions? When we had our Albin's original 3" thick urethane berth cushions reupholstered (the 1970's orange, brown, and white stripes had to go) we added a 1" layer of firmer foam. However, our V-berth is still not as comfortable as our home mattress.

Lots of folks on cruisersforum.com (sister site) have favorably mentioned Froli. You might review posts there...

-Chris

I did look at cruiserforum.com, ranger42c and found enough favorable comments about Froli for us to seriously entertain a move to purchase.

I used the system for a time on my Hallberg-Rassy 33 V-Berth. It was comfortable, though I ultimately removed them because I didn't like needing to remove them to get into V-Berth storage. If that's not an issue, probably worth giving it a shot

Froli advertises the system primarily for comfort, and secondarily for ventilation under a foam mattress.

We used the Tufted Topper for years. We didn't have a mildew problem, but it was an older sailboat and sleeping in the Vee Berth on the 4 inch foam left a lot to be desired. They will send you paper and instructions and make it to fit. It is like a pillow top mattress, only a couple inches thick.

Froli

We have used the Froli system on our boat for 6 years, and it has been great - very comfortable and no mildew. Our mattress is 4" of dense foam, plus 2" of memory foam. It is more comfortable than our home mattress.

Froli Review

We used the Froli system on our sailboat for 7+ years, and in discussing this with the Captain just now we both agree that although we had no complaints at the time and never had any moisture problems under our mattresses, the system itself is really too thin to be of any support or add additional comfort if that's your main goal.

That being said, when we sold the sailboat the Froli system stayed with us, if that tells you anything :)

Buying the Froli for the master and guest was one of the best decisions ever. Really like you can “tune” it to get just the right amount of firmness where you want it. Bought 7 years ago on boat show special but still expensive. However worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom