Pull Out Sofa for 34 Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanair

Veteran Member
Hello,

Has anyone purchased a pull out sofa for the salon for a 34 Trawler (2005 vintage, posting this for a buddy). I suppose this would be of similar size for the 350/390.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Our 2008 34HT came with the std equip one from MS and we pulled it out, sold it here on TF and replaced it with 2 comfy recliners.
The MS sofa was not very comfy for seating, and that was 99% of our use.

I know you probably need sleeping capacity, but a couple of good recliners will be much more comfortable sitting on. And some are fine for occasional sleeping. Many nights my wife decides to stay sleeping in her recliner rather than having to get up and go to bed.

Take a look at RV furniture. There are lots of choices and the RV market is much larger than boating. Plus, RV furniture is all made to be disassembled to fit through narrow openings. We purchased a very comfortable sectional with a fold-out sleeping feature and a double reclining love seat. Beats hell out of built-ins on boats.

Those jack knife sofas should only be used for someone you don't want spending much time on board. Seriously they are very uncomfortable folded out. I find the one in our motorhome, which is a high end leather Villa, is more comfortable sleeping when it's not folded out.
Keep looking, there are a few that are more comfortable. Some have air mattresses when folded out.

We opened the one supplied by Mainship once just to see what it might be like to sleep on.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition but this "sleeper" sofa could have been part of it.

Hello,

Has anyone purchased a pull out sofa for the salon for a 34 Trawler (2005 vintage, posting this for a buddy). I suppose this would be of similar size for the 350/390.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Hope all is well with everyone.

You had me worried for a minute, glad you're asking for a friend,lol

We had a sleeper loveseat on our old 34 Mainship.

No changes here Jay, sometimes I wonder if I'm nuts for owning the same boat for over 20 years. Hope all is well.

We had a regular sleep sofa when we bought the boat. A member with a 34T posted one for sale about 2hrs away from us, so we drove down and bought it. They are out there. There are a lot of folks opting to replace the sofa with a pair of 'wall hugger' style recliners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom