Mainship 31 Sedan Bridge - Pulpit Conduit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlombardo

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1998 Mainship 31 Sedan Bridge
I own a 1998 Mainship Sedan Bridge 31 and need to supply power to a new spotlight that I mounted on the front of the pulpit. Does anyone know where the conduit that is located in the front anchor box runs to or exits? It is already being used to supply power to the windless and I would like to add wire to power the spotlight.

Thanks - John

I have a 34HT but have to believe MS would do things similar.
I have one large (3"-4" dia) pvc conduit on each side P & S. Mine are on the inside of the stringers that run fore & aft and originate back by the bulkhead that separates ER from Gen / lazarette area. This is the area where my negative buss is and main distribution panel for AC and DC is above. My port side includes a run for bow thruster (must stop under the bed somewhere) and the stbd includes the run for windlasss.
I would try feeding a long snake through to see if you can get all the way to the bow area. I havent had need to access it for any new runs but there are many other areas on the boat that the factory left strings for pulling addnl wires. If there is a string just be sure to pull another if you use it to pull new wires.

Thanks for the quick reply. There is no good way to get to the bulkhead behind the engine where I would guess the conduit comes out. I will have to push a snake through the next time I go down and see if I can hear it hitting something.

John

I had a combination port/stbd running light (a real hazardous piece of junk BTW) right forward where I wanted to install my new wireless controlled spotlight. I used that power for the spotlight and teed off from there to run power to the new and better separate LED side lights.

Attachments

• Spotlight w nav lights.jpg
    Spotlight w nav lights.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Which wireless spot did you purchase and how did you like it? I purchased a Halogen Golight.

John

Which wireless spot did you purchase and how did you like it? I purchased a Halogen Golight.

John

I have the Marinco SPL 12W, and I like it just fine. It came with both permanently mounted and handheld remotes which allows the co-pilot to operate it from her seat if I am too busy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom