First post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhokken

I was born in Thunder Bay, ON, following WWII but left for Saskatchewan after reaching adulthood. Have sailed a bit on prairie ‘ponds’ but now, retired, want to try summer ‘holidaying’—lakes or coastal—with power. I have a meandering, self-sufficient, nature but this type of experience will be new for me. I hope, with help from members of this site, to be able to make wise choices.
Ken (Rhoda)

Greetings, eh?
Welcome aboard. Our daughter and SIL went to Lakehead. Sounds like you want to rent somewhere...

...I hope, with help from members of this site, to be able to make wise choices.
Ken (Rhoda)

You're in good hands. We went from sea kayaks to 30' trawler in one giant leap with lots of sage advice from members here.

Check out the search > advanced search > titles only beside the new posts button near the top of the page where you can find years of wisdom!

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Last edited:
Ken
Welcome aboard TF.
As you likely already know the N Channel and Georgian Bay have some of the best cruising grounds that I have experienced.
Do you have a location in mind or still exploring?

I, too, went to Lakehead for my first year, then to U of S. Got me started in life. Attended when ‘Lake Inferior’ was being constructed (the pond off the Macintyre River—may have spelling incorrect). Watched an excavator operator catch a steelhead (I think) in his bucket. Goes back a few years.
Rent???

Greetings,
Mr. R. IF you are thinking of simply "holidaying" with the eventual move to purchasing a boat I would VERY strongly suggest renting some boats way before you make the financial commitment to ownership. There are companies across the country that rent out boats so you can pick and choose your cruise-cation location.

Think of the $$ spent as an investment in your education.

Edit: I was astounded with "Lake McIntyre" when I visited our daughter on campus. Yes, steelhead/rainbows...and me without my fly rod. Dozens just cruising around. In the 5-15lb range.

iu

Last edited:
Look at you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom