Replacement site glass tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cks

Vessel Name
Silver Lining
Vessel Make
2003 42’ Grand Banks Europa
I can’t recall which posting it was a question about replacing the site glass tubing. The photograph showed what looked to me to be reinforced water hose.
The question on the form was what were the dimensions of the tubing. I can’t find the post. (Was just looking at it! ??????)

We replaced ours on our ‘03 42EU couple of years back.

The dimensions on the tubing was 1/2 OD, 3/8” ID. Tygon tubing rated for Diesel fuels.

Attached is the receipt where it was purchased. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• F7EBA350-0F1B-433C-835E-138803E481E7.jpg
    F7EBA350-0F1B-433C-835E-138803E481E7.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 43
Flooting ball

I also placed a small floating plastic ball inside the line, and several black o-rings on the outside as adjustable markers. :dance:

I would not use the 98 cent a foot stuff from McMaster it is only rated at 120 degrees and my engine room can reach that temp . although the clearer stuff would be nice .

I also placed a small floating plastic ball inside the line, and several black o-rings on the outside as adjustable markers. :dance:

I was thinking the exact thing! My question is where and what do you get for the "red ball" float? TIA, Ken

Isn't your diesel in pretty colours over there?
Why would you need a float?

I would not use the 98 cent a foot stuff from McMaster it is only rated at 120 degrees and my engine room can reach that temp . although the clearer stuff would be nice .

My pre-purchase survey tagged the plastic hoses in my sight gauges and required diesel rated hose, recommended Tygon which is what I purchased/installed after close.

The Black O-rings to record prior fuel level are a great idea and one that I will be copying.

A.

The Black O-rings to record prior fuel level are a great idea and one that I will be copying.

A.

As our hose is already in place, electrical ties do the same job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom