Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
One Fish Two Fish
Vessel Make
Nordlund 57 Xpress
We are new to the forum but not to boating. Our new (and 5th boat) ‘to us’ Nordlund Xpress is a fast express trawler which will allow us to expand our adventures given her range, speed and efficiency. We come from a 35 year history of 3 sailboats (one live-a-board) and a pilot house motor yacht. We cruise out of San Diego in and around the Channel Islands. Happy to share on the forum.

Welcome aboard. We hope to hear of your adventures around the SOCAL area as you break the boat in.

Welcome Aboard!

Now some pictures and specifics on the new boat.

pete

Nordlund Xpress

One Fish Two Fish (ex Patriot)
LOA 57'
Beam 15'8"
Draft 3'9"
Weight 38,900 lbs
Twin CAT C9 ACERT, Northern Lights Gen Set
Designed by Ed Monk Jr, Tim Nolan (materials) and Ed Hagemann (fluid dynamics).
Built by Nordlund Boat Company, Tacoma Washington - smallest Nordlund built in 40 years.

Attachments

• 7056005_20190502131311404_1_XLARGE.jpg
    7056005_20190502131311404_1_XLARGE.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 11
For those who are curious, video link below. What a great boat. My kind of boat, it can move along at a decent pace when required. But I shudder to think the gal/hr burn rate at WOT. I know what my sedan cruiser, much smaller than yours of course, burns at WOT and it isn't cheap. But if you can afford the boat, you can afford the fuel.

Actually it's a pretty fuel efficient boat.
It runs 9.7 knots at 2.2 NMPG, 13.6 knots at 0.92 NMPG and 19.8 knots at 0.7 NMPG.
If you really slow down she runs 6.3 knots at 4 NMPG! Fast cruise (75% load) is 23.4 knots at 0.58 NMPG. Top end is 27.1 knots. With 810 gals of fuel she offers some decent range.

Welcome to the forum. You have a beautiful craft!

We feel lucky to have found her and join the very unique Nordlund Boat Company family. We acquired her in December and after taking care of some survey items, we are in the midst of a refit with cosmetic, electronic and other upgrades for this summer. One Fish Two Fish was built in 2007, so at 14 years old, it was time to bring a number of items up to date. Considering 'only' 120 Nordlunds have been built, no two alike, there were 5 in the Shelter Island Boat Yard in San Diego when we hauled out, including Little Goose (ex Phantasma) and Venture More - both very nice boats. We hope to meet some of our boats big sisters this summer on the West Coast.

Are you in California, not sure but I'm assuming such. Now you just have to bring that puppy up to the PNW, and when the border opens, coastal BC and points north.

We are based in Southern California. We are thinking about a PNW trip, but the Covid-19 situation suggests it will probably not occur this year. We have Southern California friends shipping their boat from Florida to Roche Harbor this May. We'll now have a great a great excuse to spend a season up north! Looking forward to the seafood!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom