Raymarine transducer splitter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a dragonfly 6 depth sounder in my Bayliner 4087 aft cockpit for fishing and wanting to buy a raymarine MFD for the bridge to work with my recently installed raymarine p70Rs autopilot. Will an Axiom 9" mfd connect to my dragonfly 6 transducer by way of a splitter?
I don't really want to have to pull the boat out of the water again to install anothertransducer. The dragonfly 6 came with a transom mount transducer which won't work on a twin diesel boat due to prop wash so I installed it inside the hull with a large amount of silicone shooting through the fibreglass. It works perfect to 600'
Is there a splitter available that will work with my current dragonfly depth sounder and a new Raymarine MFD. Tried contacting Raymarine but it's painful being able to talk to anyone.
Thx for any advise
Lee

I have just a taste of experience with this as I was setting up some new Raymarine electronics and wanted multiple depth sounders (a malfunctioning depth sounder put a damper on a trip that included a fair amount of poking into shallow areas and it made me realize I wanted redundancy for depth).

What is the Raymarine part number for your transducer?

I personally never had much luck shooting through the hull. If yours works so well why not just install another one?

pete

Thanks for your reply.
CPT-60 is the transducer the dragonfly came with.

I thought I remembered that the Dragonfly transducers didn't work with the Axiom MFD's but I was hesitant to say that just going on memory. But it looks like this explains it (the link is to a query on the Raymarine technical forum).

So, more at the link, but it looks like no, the CPT-60 would not work with the Axiom (the equivalent transducers that would work are the A80270 CPT-100 - DownVision Transducer and the A80351 CPT-100 DVS).

More here:

https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=6190

PS: I agree that I have not had great luck on the phone with them. OTOH, the Raymarine tech forum I linked to was super helpful when I was getting to know the ins and outs of the Axiom/Quantum/Transducers. And the information can go on to help others where a phone call cannot. (Alas, I think they have gone to some other format now -- but have not utilized it since I heard that.) Luckily the archives are still relatively current at this point.

The CPT-100DVS is compatible with Axiom DV. (You would need an adapter cable for Axiom RV) If you had success mounting a CPT-60 in hull you would likely have the same success mounting the CPT-100. Raymarine will recommend installation of the CPT-110 through hull if all you want is chirp and DV.

You can usually find new ones on EBay for $75.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom