Does parking come free with your moorage payment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m curious. Is the marina in question Deep Cove Yacht Club? There a government dock there as well, correct?

Not Deep Cove Yacht club, its the one you can see beneath Quarry Rock.

Parking is free behind a locked gate at the B&W Marina in the Sacramento Delta. If we were to stay away for a longer period we are asked to park our car in a less crowded area. Very nice and accommodating owners indeed.

I’m sure that if the OP lives on the North Shore (North or West Vancouver) they would recognize how ridiculously pricey the real estate is in the area of this marina. Try finding free overnight parking anywhere around Deep Cove or Horseshoe Bay... it isn’t there.

Someone has to pay for the space and they sure aren’t making any new land to fill the demand.; especially in close proximity to recreational waterfront.

My Marina in Sidney BC charges me $550 /year for one reserved spot. That’s in addition to moorage, power etc. But since the free parking in busy times sometimes just isn’t reliably there, I’d rather pay to have a guaranteed spot. I’m not sure that this arrangement represents a character flaw on the part of the Marina; just the reality of supply & demand and the very real costs of land ownership.

My current marina has tons of room for parking. So, no parking fee.
The marina that the previous owner of our current boat used, had very little availability for parking, and so the seller's broker who was trying to run his business there gave us special instructions of the best place to park and hoof it in. So, you guessed it, in addition to one's seasonal slip fee, there was a parking fee for the boat owners there. There was also a restaurant/bar on site. Who knows what those patrons did?! That establishment was closed due to Covid last year when we were making our visits to buy the boat. So, I think it is very simply a matter of market forces / supply and demand. You cannot fault anyone for making an honest buck in this country.

Back
Top Bottom