View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #16
rgano
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Excepting the AlgaeX thing, I ran a similar system with my two FL120s. When my electric "priming pump" was installed between the tanks and the Racors, a valved bypass line was run around it to avoid the pump's screen becoming a restriction. When I started having engine shutdowns due to air ingestion (just about a 100 percent your problem), I would go below and close the pump bypass valve and opening the appropriate vale to pressurize the appropriate Racor before switching the pump on. Then it was a simple matter of bleeding the injector pump which was under pressure. I would leave the pump running until end of voyage. Eventually, that air leak was tracked down to a crimped o-ring under the Racor tee-handle, but you have been given a number of other places to look as well.

BTW, the reason the electric pump was installed was to enable me to fill the Racors (which were mounted high in the engine room) whenever I had occasion to open them with fuel levels at anything less than nearly full. Prior to that, I carried a gallon jug of fuel. It turned out to be invaluable for a number of reasons.
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote