New Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wildbill

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Still the One
Vessel Make
Hatteras 42 LRC
Well I changed my status today.:socool: Have been looking for what I hope is the prefect boat for my cruising plans. Today got my offer accepted on a well kept 1980 Hatteras 42 LRC mark II. :dance: Hopefully it's not bad luck to change my status before the survey and sea trial but took my chances. Now just the craziness of preparing for closing and a mad dash across Florida and north when I can squeeze some time out of the ER. When I figure out how to will post pictures.

Attachments

• new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 64
Congrats on your new boat. They are very nice.

Nicely done, sir! Where is the boat?

Those older Hatties are real "eye candy" . Yours is beautiful, Welcome Aboard.

pete

The boat and I are in Fort Myers. I unfortunately have to fly back to the snow on Tuesday

Spending the day with the former owner to learn the nuances of the boat before she's all mine. Head is swimming with questions:banghead:

Short term to New Bern, Eventually back to Maine for a short time before beginning the loop in 2023

Spending the day with the former owner to learn the nuances of the boat before she's all mine. Head is swimming with questions:banghead:

Hopefully, you and he will keep the lines of communication open, but where he can't help, maybe we can. I was still talking to my trawler's new owner five years later.

Congrats on the new vessel. Hopefully everything works out for you on the cruise back to Maine!

Thanks. Right now we can't find a surveyor that can get the survey done on a timely basis. They say the demand is high, and most are booking into May already when our Broker has us closing April 29th....

Thanks. Right now we can't find a surveyor that can get the survey done on a timely basis. They say the demand is high, and most are booking into May already when our Broker has us closing April 29th....
Surveys are overrated, unless;
Well if you need a survey to complete the sale.
Now would be a good time to secure a date for survey and then renegotiate the purchase terms.

Congrats! Welcome!! Wear Your Hatt Well!!!

Where in Maine?

I had to have a survey in order to finance my boat and to insure it. Yes, not everyone finances, I realize.

That said, my surveyor wasn’t fabulous....

Luckily I have such a full, varied [5 decade] background regarding pleasure boats... I am quite able to well survey boats on my own, in my own ways. Additionally - For insurance reasons especially, as well as simply for another set of "educated" eyes that might pick up an item or two I misjudged, I hire a professional surveyor to sign their own personal survey result pages.

After I do my own, solo multi hour survey... I make sure I go over the boat again by closely watching the hired surveyor during performance of their survey.

I always clear it up with the surveyor that I will be aboard during their survey and we will have discussion while survey is accomplished. One said he did not want me there... he were not hired.

Last edited:
Found a surveyor,:dance: had spoken with another Hatteras 42 LRC owner in the marina and he gave me his surveyor whom he was pleased with. Was able to set up for later next week and coordinate the haul out also:whistling: Now hoping owner who's emotionally attached to the boat survives the survey.

Choices, did you mean the boat, presently named "Lady B" or "Still the One" which will be our name for her...Wonder how many Still the One's there are out there.:socool:

Choices, did you mean the boat, presently named "Lady B" or "Still the One" which will be our name for her...Wonder how many Still the One's there are out there.:socool:

Wifey B: 2,341. :rofl:

Ok, I just made up a number. :)

I just remember it being for sale. Several people looked at it at while we were there. Family came down and cleaned it up and took it for a several day vacation.

This was a couple years ago IF the same one, which I think it might be.

I got the number thing wrong. I thought you needed to move the 4 two places to the left.

New Hatteras

The boat and I are in Fort Myers. I unfortunately have to fly back to the snow on Tuesday

I live in Fort Myers. Let me know if you need help with "follow ups."

Send me a PM if you need help with mechanics, techs, etc. Have lots of $$$$ experience!

Thanks so much ljk. The survey is scheduled for Wednesday, I'm flying back down Monday night and get to see most of the survey before rushing back to go to work...then the wait :facepalm:

I thought the "LRC" has a cockpit. I cannot see that the Hatteras pictured has one.

Nice Hatt!

Welcome Bill, and congratulations on your new boat. An exciting experience. Hope all goes well with the survey. I do recommend, in addition to the hill survey, doing the engines too. There are the single most expensive thing to replace on a boat if there is a problem.

Where in Maine will be your home port. Give us a holler when you get back up here. Would like to pick your brain on the loop. We will start in May 2022 from Casco Bay.

Best of luck.
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36' Grand Banks Classic
Potts Harbor Maine
207-833-5080

Where in Maine will be your home port. Give us a holler when you get back up here. Would like to pick your brain on the loop. We will start in May 2022 from Casco Bay.

We're looking at doing the loop in 2022 also. Maybe we'll meet up along the way. Potts Harbor is one of our must-stops whenever we're heading Down East. It's a decent day's run from (or to) our home port at the Southern tip of Maine, although if we're not in a hurry sometimes we'll take two days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom