Can't get on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
I'm not able to access threads on this forum and the related Cruisers forum. Have I been blackballed? Unless this situation is fixed, I won't know what's happened. Maybe it's goodbye.
cry.gif

You most certainly have NOT been blackballed Mark.

Go to the bottom of this screen and in the red bar click the contact us link. That enables anybody to send a message to us with or without being logged in. Any user without an account or users with log in issues may use this feature to contact the site admin's at any time.

I'm not able to access threads on this forum and the related Cruisers forum. Have I been blackballed? Unless this situation is fixed, I won't know what's happened. Maybe it's goodbye.
cry.gif

OK, seriously - If you can't access the forum, how did you post to it?

Account looked good from where I sit.

Home page 95% of time only header shows with list of forums missing and only advertisement links working. If forums aren't missing, 50% of time only header shows after clicking on a forum. It's a "miracle" I got on here.

Meanwhile, the Coot is on the hard.

img_99340_0_ce47aabde6f6b94e10f85e5cbc670fed.jpg

Both this forum and cruisers forum are a complete sack of excreta if connection speed is poor. I have the same issues here in Vanuatu with our steam driven wireless broadband. Only way I can log in reasonably consistently is if I tether my edge smartphone and suck up the cost instead of using my free wireless. Clearing cache etc has not made any difference.

i have the same problems with partial loading/lockup too...thought about switching to Firefox.

Home page 95% of time only header shows with list of forums missing and only advertisement links working. If forums aren't missing, 50% of time only header shows after clicking on a forum. It's a "miracle" I got on here.

I am going to dig out my trouble shooting skills and suggest that you try accessing this forum from a different computer. See how that works.

I was having similar problems last month. I had no problems on the boat accessing the Trawler F. through the marina WiFi. But bring the same lap top home or use my desk top at home and it became really flaky. (Yeah even more flakes than normal :lol:) For several hours at a time it would either partial load or give me an "Unable to locate the requested server" error message. I tried using a backup modem rebooting everything nothing seemed to help. This went on for weeks. I was beginning to think it had something to do with the Forum servers, but nobody else was complaining??

I finally call Frontier Communications on a whim that it may have something to do with my DSL Internet. The service tech said that it sounded more like it may have something to do with the port I was accessing on their end. They changed my port assignment and I have had no problem since.

After checking everything out on your end, give your internet provider a call. Maybe they can help you diagnose the problem.
Larry B.

I've had problems too. Rung a bell when Mark said something about only part of his pages were coming up. I think my problems are just weak wifi signals. Been spending a lot of time at Starbucks and other like places to come here on TF and other places on my i-pad. The performance of the wifi signals varied widely.
Now ... back in Thorne Bay AK I'm on my own router signal here at home derived from my antenna on the south side of the house and the Hughes Net satellite. The variable overall performance is much like piggy backing down south except sometimes down south on my i-pad I get really good performance and that never happens up here.
rwidman,
Do you think sun spots could vary our computer performance noticeably?

Back
Top Bottom