Beneteau ST44 Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott Barnard

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Laurel Sommers
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44 (2014)
While we love our 'new' 6-year old ST44, we are finding 'issues' which we'd like to know more about, learn about, find solutions for. Possibly this is the place.

Star Keys - our 2014 version used the 'star key'. We understand the newer versions us a more traditional key. We cannot find anyone who can help us get spare keys. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounder Transducer - we have discovered that our Raymarine transducer gets turbulence at higher speeds. After much ado, we happened upon a new ST44 in Charleston and found they are now issuing with 'shoot thru the hull' transducers mounted further inboard (just outboard of the starboard drive shaft) and slightly aft of the original installation in our boat. We installed such, and now we get good reading at all speeds.

Welcome aboard. Maybe a photo of the key you are looking for.

Beneteau Star Key.jpg

Had this one made last year in Playa del Carmen (south of Cancun). Was around $3 as I recall. Looks to be the same. Third world countries love their keys - My "Mexico" keyring has all sorts of oddball keys I've never seen before. Keeps those little kiosk/shops in business I suppose.

IMG_20210108_091254__01.jpeg

Last edited:
While we love our 'new' 6-year old ST44, we are finding 'issues' which we'd like to know more about, learn about, find solutions for. Possibly this is the place.

Star Keys - our 2014 version used the 'star key'. We understand the newer versions us a more traditional key. We cannot find anyone who can help us get spare keys. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounder Transducer - we have discovered that our Raymarine transducer gets turbulence at higher speeds. After much ado, we happened upon a new ST44 in Charleston and found they are now issuing with 'shoot thru the hull' transducers mounted further inboard (just outboard of the starboard drive shaft) and slightly aft of the original installation in our boat. We installed such, and now we get good reading at all speeds.

doesnt sound like you have any significant issues...

beneteau sells parts, including keys, on their spare parts website. i am talking about the fuel/water/waste cap keys. if you need keys to any doors, etc, you can find them online. i got blanks and local lock smith copied. ask a local beneteau dealer to do it for you if you want but you will pay $$

as for the transducer, make sure its sealed against hull and full of anti-freeze. they dont work dry/empty. or install a thru-hull transducer. my in-hull is the same one you have and it works fine now that its sealed and full of fluid.

We had the same problem with the original transducer. Switched over to the stick-on hockey puck style. It works way better!

I thought you had a problem?

Just google "4 sided keys"

Star Key Replacements Found

Thanks all, we finally found good access at a reasonable price at Flounder Pounder Marine, FL ( www.fpmarine.com ). Nice folks, good service, reasonable price. Thanks to all who helped us solve this. Scott & Nancy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom