Am I in the right place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Small Dinghy

I have a bunch of money I need to get rid of and a penchant for buying things I don't really need, I think a trawler may be just the thing for me.

I've read enough here in the last few weeks to see that it is, and will be, a great resource as I look to acquire a boat for retirement in 6-8 years. Maybe someday I can contribute something useful as well.:)

Greetings,
Mr. SD. Welcome aboard. There are many here on TF who will be glad to help you spend your bunch of money. How silly do you REALLY want to get?

iu

Brian
Welcome aboard TF.
As RTF said many here that can help you empty your pockets or any spare $.
A good place to start is Boat Search 101
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14905

Also its never too early to begin some learning / training. Americas Boating Club (FKA US Sail & Power Squadrons) has many chapters and offers beginner and advanced courses on a wide variety of topics related to boating.
In the time before you retire and purchase your own you might consider chartering as a way to learn not only boating skills but what you like / dislike on various boats. Plus you get enjoyable vacations in the interim.

I've owned and operated little boats on inland waters for decades, and owned a 21ft Manatee fiberglass that I used on Long Island for a number of years. So, I have some experience with inlets and docking in coastal areas but no where near enough. Over the next few years I plan on taking some boating, safety, and captain courses as well as buying a 30ish foot trawler/tug/cruiser that I will start using on the Great Lakes and furthering my skills. With the dream of buying a 40ish footer and doing some some Alaskan and Caribbean cruising in the future. The master of coin has said she thinks she would like living on a boat, so full speed ahead.:D

Consider costs incurred as price of admission to The Grand Show

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Sounds like a plan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom