Finally getting around to joining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muirgen Afloat

Vessel Name
Muirgen
Vessel Make
Beebe passagemaker 50
Hi all,

My husband Scot (slowgoesit) has been on the forum for a while while we were searching for a boat. I finally took the opportunity to join up now that we have a boat and will be soon moving on her full time. So looking forward to having you all as a go to source for questions.

So excited to be a part of the boating world again... Laura

Laura
Welcome aboard TF and hope your adventures go well

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat! Is there a special meaning to your boat name?

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat! Is there a special meaning to your boat name?

Thanks. We picked Muirgen out of all the names we entertained because it means born of the sea (Irish in origin).

Welcome to TF. One thing we all like is to see photos of others' boats.

Just sayin'

Welcome to TF. One thing we all like is to see photos of others' boats.

Just sayin'

Thanks.

I have a facebook page for her with pictures https://www.facebook.com/MuirgenAfloat also a youtube channel MuirgenAfloat that have picture and videos we took when we were inspecting her.

Eventually I'll figure out the forum format and put some up here.

Welcome aboard. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel and love the boat. Would love to know more about her and what your plans are going forward.

Welcome aboard. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel and love the boat. Would love to know more about her and what your plans are going forward.

We are excited to share plans and adventures on her. Currently we are hoping to be on her in June and I'll start posting things we are doing with her. Hoping to get her outfitted during the summer and then head out somewhere.. probably down the coast to California and then Sea of Cortez and from there who knows. So stay tuned!

Just looked at your videos too. Wow, she's a lot larger inside and at the stern than her photos made her out to be. Just goes to show how a broker who takes the time to shoot a video (or doesn't bother) can make a difference.

Now I'm going to go cry some more :cry:

Thanks. We picked Muirgen out of all the names we entertained because it means born of the sea (Irish in origin).

Girl of the Sea... Happy Saint Patrick's Day! And, Welcome!!

Just looked at your videos too. Wow, she's a lot larger inside and at the stern than her photos made her out to be. Just goes to show how a broker who takes the time to shoot a video (or doesn't bother) can make a difference.

Now I'm going to go cry some more :cry:

Yeah she's a beamy girl. First time we saw her we thought holy moly she's a big boat.
It always amazes me how so many brokers don't do a good job on pictures, videos and advertising. It really can make a difference. We had really no understanding on the space she had until we were on her.

Sorry about the tears, I empathize because it took us forever to get to the space where we were able to buy a boat and seems like a lifetime before we found her. With everything that happened that allowed us to get her I can't help feel it was somehow meant to be and I feel beyond blessed she's ours. But I empathize..

Thanks.

I have a facebook page for her with pictures https://www.facebook.com/MuirgenAfloat also a youtube channel MuirgenAfloat that have picture and videos we took when we were inspecting her.

Eventually I'll figure out the forum format and put some up here.

Scot and Laura

This morn I found time to see your videos, Great boat... in every dimension.

Congrats :thumb:

Being an Irish boy! Just gotta say... love Muirgen's engine room!!! :D

Scot and Laura

This morn I found time to see your videos, Great boat... in every dimension.

Congrats :thumb:

Being an Irish boy! Just gotta say... love Muirgen's engine room!!! :D

I agree on the engine room.. I'm totally enamored by it. Part of me thinks I'll be visiting it often just to hear the diesel purr... Love that sound.

What location was the boat at in those videos?

We are currently in Port Orchard, Washington. But in late August we will be headed down the coast towards the Sea of Cortez which we will be in after Nov 1.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom