View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
theoWjr

City: Annapolis, MD
You'll want to go directly to the ABYC website and not any other source.
The test was hard but if you understand the content it's not that bad.

I recently did the self study and online proctor-u test route and passed just fine. I looked into the online classes but they just didn't fit my schedule. The ABYC web site does have some small pre-check tests that are intended to give an idea of your existing knowledge, you might start there to gauge your existing knowledge.

I supposed it depends on your learning style and what works for you. I have a technical background and have looked to ABYC standards when working on my personal boats over the years so was pretty comfortable with the standards to begin with.

Of course you want to know the material and not just pass the test.
If you learn best with a class definitely go the online class route.
If you learn by reading and researching yourself, then study guide is a fine route too, the information is the same.

I found the ABYC self study guide to be pretty straight forward and it does contain the vast majority of the info on the test questions. The test itself is open book so you can refer to the self study guide when taking the exam, but I do not think it would be possible to pass the test without knowing the data as it is timed and you wouldn't be able to search for all the answers in the given time.

Cheers,
ted
theoWjr is offline   Reply With Quote