Hello! New member and happy to be here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GMandGW

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Liver Spots
Vessel Make
1987 Nova Sundeck
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the add to this forum. I just wanted to say hello and how excited we are to have this group as a resource. We have an 18 month plan for living aboard a trawler. 2 months for research regarding financial feasibility; 10 months of saving, searching, and buying the boat; and the last 6 months to gradually move onto it and sell the house. Cheers to the joy of starting the journey!

Thanks to all

I’ve been reading all kinds of threads on this forum for about six months - since I got my boat - and have to remark that it has been SO helpful. The great majority of the posts and responses are interesting, intelligent and informative. Often funny! There are some mighty experienced people out there - very humbling. We have been out a couple of times a week but only in the San Diego Bay/Mission Bay areas. Heading up to
Newport soon (a few postponements including yesterday due to weather conditions) but that will clear up soon and my wife and i are looking forward to it. Meanwhile I’ve gotten a lot of coursework under my belt and with advice from this forum, reasonably outfitted the boat and dink for safety and contingencies. Just wanted ti say a hearty thanks to all. It’s really appreciated.

Bear, remember the old saying "you can lead a horse to water...."

Well apparently you have read some of the info on here and that's to your credit. These nice guys and gals let me hang out here even though I don't have a trawler. Nice folks on here, lots of good info and they are willing to share it. All you have to do is drink.

Thanks so much! You're awesome! We feel very welcome. I'll try to see if I can figure out how to post a pic. Apparently it can't simply be added as a jpg. file.

Go to the section below the reply “additional options “ and select manage attachments. Then select the file to upload. Click to upload. Then you close the box. You can preview the post to see what it looks like. Yes, you can use .jpg files.

Attachments

• 1FEE415A-DC26-49A0-935A-501CB20A5CB7.jpg
    1FEE415A-DC26-49A0-935A-501CB20A5CB7.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 16
Bear, remember the old saying "you can lead a horse to water...."

Well apparently you have read some of the info on here and that's to your credit. These nice guys and gals let me hang out here even though I don't have a trawler. Nice folks on here, lots of good info and they are willing to share it. All you have to do is drink.

Boaters who drink is a bit redundant, no? :lol:

Welcome. I too am new and have learned a lot already.

Chris

Later that same year….
I reviewed this post to see how long ago it was. 8 months ago, we started boat shopping. Due to crazy prices in Florida we bought a “boat project “ in August, as it was the more financially sensible way to purchase. After 3 months on the hard for repairs, we’re just a few weeks away from splashing her back in the water. Can’t wait! The plan to live aboard is progressing. Slowly. So so so very slowly.

Later that same year….
I reviewed this post to see how long ago it was. 8 months ago, we started boat shopping. Due to crazy prices in Florida we bought a “boat project “ in August, as it was the more financially sensible way to purchase. After 3 months on the hard for repairs, we’re just a few weeks away from splashing her back in the water. Can’t wait! The plan to live aboard is progressing. Slowly. So so so very slowly.

You are on a forum for trawlers. Nothing here moves quickly! lol. Good luck with the new boat and your future boating plans. Hopefully you'll keep in touch here.

Back
Top Bottom