New Member/ Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lloyd516

Hi All,

My wife and I have been boating for many years (day and weekend trips around Long Island), but never before owned a trawler. We just put a bid in on a 2006 Mainship 34 trawler with twin Yanmar 240 hp 4lh diesels (about 800 hours each). The boat seems in pretty good condition considering its age (we will have it surveyed). Anyone have any advice or suggestions regarding this particular boat? Things to look out for?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Lloyd

Low hours for a boat that age. Lets talk asking price, maintenance logs and pictures?

pete

Welcome aboard. I would look for soft decks. There are a lot of threads about soft decks here.

Low hours for a boat that age. Lets talk asking price, maintenance logs and pictures?

pete
The price is good, the boat has been kept at and maintained by the same marina since new, and it looks to be in good shape. But Comodave's comments (and the threads I read as a result) will definitely have me looking at the 'soft deck' issue (and raising it as a particular concern with the surveyor).

Welcome aboard TF... many current & prior Mainship owners here. As mentioned there are many posts about various years & models with some sort of deck issue. I think flybridge deck is one of the more/most frequent ones. Any place there is a fastener or penetration should be suspect. Depending on extent it can be a fairly easy DIY to more extensive yard project.
If you end up with there is some good info in the Marlow-Mainship owners section, on my Bacchus website and in the TF Library section.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom