The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speedsailor

Hello,
My name is Paul I have been lurking for awhile now. I purchased a Camano 31 a few months ago. I have been a small boat sailor and windsurfer for many years. I spent 9 years in the Navy 5 of those on submarine duty in Charleston, Sc and 4 on shore duty in Pearl Harbor, Hi. We jumped into the trawler world mostly at the push of my wife. I have enjoyed sailing but my wife wanted a houseboat so we met in the middle and purchased a Camano 31. We hope to cruise from Wisconsin to Virginia this summer.
Thanks for all the information I have read on the forum,
Paul

Welcome aboard! Remember the water should stay under the boat, not on top of it like your submarine.

For its size, a nice roomy boat. Is your boat currently in Wisconsin?

It's in Racine in inside storage, we are planning to cruise to Deltaville Va. this summer leaving Racine mid June. We are currently living near Las Vegas Nv. and plan to relocate to Virginia or North Carolina. If we don't leave Racine this year we plan to circumnavigate Lake Michigan this summer and move the boat south next year.

Hi Paul and wife! Nice 31'er you guys purchased. Have fun and welcome! - Art

Circumnavigating Lake Michigan can easily take a full summer, or more. The West shore is not all that exciting but lots of small interesting towns and marinas. The East coast, along the state of Michigan is wonderful. Don't forget to allow a few weeks to explore Green Bay, Door County and the big islands at the Northern end of Green Bay.

pete

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom