Rough Out There!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry Jackson

Newbe Wannabe here, without a trawler to boot. But I read the postings in my emails all the time with great interest.
I sailed on the Coast Guard Academy square rigger Eagle, 300 some feet length,
back in 1953, as a Swab, to Bermuda, and only spent 3 hours there when a hurricane forced us out to sea. It was a real ride.
So when I saw recent NY Times article about big Trawler sinking off Nova Scotia, and the grand rescue joint Canada/US Coast Guard efforts that saved 32 crewmen, I thought I should post it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/04/world/canada/32-rescued-ship-nova-scotia.html?smid=em-share

Welcome to TF. Enjoy and bon appetite... :)

Welcome aboard. I have not sailed on the Eagle but I did attend a reception and have dinner aboard her.

at least for me...many links posted to a newspaper only let you read a paragraph or so then make you subscribe to keep reading.

at least for me...many links posted to a newspaper only let you read a paragraph or so then make you subscribe to keep reading.
I hate that! The digital world wants us all to be tied up in subscriptions. Just like the software we use, MS Word, Excel, Navionics, Quicken etc. Gone are the days you buy something and use it. These smart boys created the Cloud and now you have no choice but to pay yearly if you want entry. What a brilliant bussiness plan.

Cloud is not required at least for storage. Huge SSD external hard drives are not expensive.
I hate that! The digital world wants us all to be tied up in subscriptions. Just like the software we use, MS Word, Excel, Navionics, Quicken etc. Gone are the days you buy something and use it. These smart boys created the Cloud and now you have no choice but to pay yearly if you want entry. What a brilliant bussiness plan.

Nor does all software require a subscription. I just purchased outright the current edition of Photoshop Elements Premiere for less than $100.

Back
Top Bottom