Fuel price Bellingham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wwestman

Vessel Name
Excellent Adventure
Vessel Make
1995 Jefferson Ker Shine 45
Went for a boat ride today!!!

Went to the fuel dock before prices started back up.

Today's price at Harbor Marine in Bellingham Harbor for diesel is $1.94 plus tax. With tax it came to $2.11.

Glad I did not have full tanks.

What’s it at LaConner?
I need about 75 gal.

Wow, factoring in the exchange rate, ours is about the same price, sadly its per litre though:blush:. I guess everything is relative - when we are allowed to undertake recreational boating again I was also thinking of filling her up because of the cheap fuel

Wow, factoring in the exchange rate, ours is about the same price, sadly its per litre though:blush:. I guess everything is relative - when we are allowed to undertake recreational boating again I was also thinking of filling her up because of the cheap fuel
George, it`s around $1.33/litre on the marinas (though NOT d`Albora). Cheapest servo diesel price in my part of Sydney is $1.20, though in western suburbs I bet it`s closer to $1.00.

The RMYC at Newport is down to $1.17 per litre for diesel.

Oak Harbor $1.23 / gal and will be stable till the next delivery to the fuel dock.

In Sweden, about 14.95 Swedish Kronor/liter now. After conversion & today's exchange rate that works out to about $5.67 USD/US Gal.

Wow, here in Sausalito Ca. it is $3.95/gallon. Has gone up since the election. Not a good time to need fuel,,,darn!

With the Dem's in control expect fuel prices to hit $4+ a gallon before the end of the year.

“Ouch. But even so, fuel is still the cheapest part of boating.”

I hear that so much I question it’s validity.

Oak Harbor $1.23 / gal and will be stable till the next delivery to the fuel dock.

Oak Harbor Marina website says $2.40 less $.05 for over 100 gallons as of 2/2/21. Better give Willy the secret to getting it for $1.23 before he rushes down from LaConner!

Bill

The secret was to buy May 1, 2020 when I made the post for $1.23 / gal.

Oak Harbor Marina website says $2.40 less $.05 for over 100 gallons as of 2/2/21. Better give Willy the secret to getting it for $1.23 before he rushes down from LaConner!

Bill

Island Cessna,
My fuel burn dosn’t warrant rushing about for the best price.
Thanks for the thought tho. Got 45-50 gallons anyway.

Of course it could go way over $5 gal w the present world instability.

With the Dem's in control expect fuel prices to hit $4+ a gallon before the end of the year.

No doubt. For the last couple month, every time I buy gas for my car, the price is higher than last time. We get what we ask for (vote for).

Island Cessna,
My fuel burn dosn’t warrant rushing about for the best price.
Thanks for the thought tho. Got 45-50 gallons anyway.

Of course it could go way over $5 gal w the present world instability.

The U.S. was/is energy independent, but the new administration seems determined to change that.

The U.S. was/is energy independent, but the new administration seems determined to change that.

Can you point me to some data that shows this?

Yes, the fracking boom made the USA energy independent, but it's not sustainable at the oil prices we've had for much of the last year. Just look at the layoffs and bankruptcies in the US oil industry.

Climbing oil prices seem to me to be a good thing for the US oil industry, oil industry employees, mineral owners, states dependent on oil revenue, etc.

This explains much of the relationship as I understand it: https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=43796

To understand the recent rise in fuel prices it is interesting to look at a chart of diesel prices in the US over the last 3 yrs. The extremely cheap fuel prices of last year are due in no small part to the global pandemic and the economic down turn. As far as prices go we are back on track to pre-pandemic prices.

Attachments

• oil_diesel_3y.png
    oil_diesel_3y.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 26

Yes,
I’m a moderate, usually about 40% Republican and 60% Democrat.
Now I’m watching Joe Manchen for a moderate to attach to but most people want to go rad. What do people watch in movies now? First it has to be spectacular w lots of action, much killing of humans and mostly “exciting”. To the point of scaring the crap out of almost anybody.
To Kill a Mocking Bird .... pass

Democrats and Republicans usta argue ..but usually they arrived at action that was good for the country. Biden shutting down the pipeline was a mistake. Coming out of the Pandemic we’ll all the economic energy we can get. And the southern border .... anybody can see that w/o a large amount of pushback the thousands of immigrants will turn into hundreds of thousands. The’ll be Africa and even more.

I’ll stop. But the behavior of the majority of Republicans lately has been .. I have no words. We think “how could they” .. but they show no sign of any desires beyond their political futures.

But mostly B&B the fuel prices are just cyclic.

Last edited:
One of the advantages of having transoceanic range is the ability to shop and time fuel purchases to a major extent. A definite plus for FD with adequate tankage. Even on our sailboat we played this game. Diesel is much cheaper in general in the leewards than the windwards. Cheaper in the southeast US than the north east.

My point was simply that if we are not dependent on foreign oil we can be a little more immune to middle East turmoil for instance.

One of the advantages of having transoceanic range is the ability to shop and time fuel purchases to a major extent. A definite plus for FD with adequate tankage. Even on our sailboat we played this game. Diesel is much cheaper in general in the leewards than the windwards. Cheaper in the southeast US than the north east.

Although you are correct, you also have to factor in the cost of transporting all that cheap fuel around with you as well as the time value of money (although not quite as important as it used to be)

To understand the recent rise in fuel prices it is interesting to look at a chart of diesel prices in the US over the last 3 yrs. The extremely cheap fuel prices of last year are due in no small part to the global pandemic and the economic down turn. As far as prices go we are back on track to pre-pandemic prices.

So that means your graph is about to level off now. Check back in 6 mos and we'll see how that worked out.

Yes,
I’m a moderate, usually about 40% Republican and 60% Democrat.
Now I’m watching Joe Manchen for a moderate to attach to but most people want to go rad. What do people watch in movies now? First it has to be spectacular w lots of action, much killing of humans and mostly “exciting”. To the point of scaring the crap out of almost anybody.
To Kill a Mocking Bird .... pass

Democrats and Republicans usta argue ..but usually they arrived at action that was good for the country. Biden shutting down the pipeline was a mistake. Coming out of the Pandemic we’ll all the economic energy we can get. And the southern border .... anybody can see that w/o a large amount of pushback the thousands of immigrants will turn into hundreds of thousands. The’ll be Africa and even more.

I’ll stop. But the behavior of the majority of Republicans lately has been .. I have no words. We think “how could they” .. but they show no sign of any desires beyond their political futures.

But mostly B&B the fuel prices are just cyclic.

I know fuel prices are cyclical, but I can't help liking when I hear that the U.S. is the largest oil producer in the world. Fuel prices like everything else follows supply and demand, so if the U.S. is adding a lot more to the market than it did 10 years ago, that has to have an impact.

Anything Trump did is viewed as bad, so undoing everything he did is seen as good. I am not a fan of Trump or will defend him. But the current border crisis is a disaster of Biden's making. Manchen may call himself moderate, but he still voted for the latest stimulus that costs each family $22K, is not needed at this time, and has more pork than substance. Not a single Republican voted for it but supposedly it has widespread support from both sides. I've yet to hear why shutting down the pipeline makes any sense. Fuel will still be transported to refineries, but now it will be by boat and train and truck which burns more fuel and has more of a chance of spills and environmental impact.

There are good people in both parties and like Willy, I wish there could be meaningful debate and consensus. So far, I've yet to see the great healing of the country that was promised.

I know fuel prices are cyclical, but I can't help liking when I hear that the U.S. is the largest oil producer in the world. Fuel prices like everything else follows supply and demand, so if the U.S. is adding a lot more to the market than it did 10 years ago, that has to have an impact.

Anything Trump did is viewed as bad, so undoing everything he did is seen as good. I am not a fan of Trump or will defend him. But the current border crisis is a disaster of Biden's making. Manchen may call himself moderate, but he still voted for the latest stimulus that costs each family $22K, is not needed at this time, and has more pork than substance. Not a single Republican voted for it but supposedly it has widespread support from both sides. I've yet to hear why shutting down the pipeline makes any sense. Fuel will still be transported to refineries, but now it will be by boat and train and truck which burns more fuel and has more of a chance of spills and environmental impact.

There are good people in both parties and like Willy, I wish there could be meaningful debate and consensus. So far, I've yet to see the great healing of the country that was promised.

This has nothing to do with fuel prices.

Fuel prices bottomed under Obama too.
Fact is POTUS has much less effect on the economy than most people think.

So that means your graph is about to level off now. Check back in 6 mos and we'll see how that worked out.
No, that's your interpretation. It means the market has recovered from the extremely low prices related to the global pandemic. In general, historically, prices go up. I expect that to continue.

This has nothing to do with fuel prices.

Fuel prices bottomed under Obama too.
Fact is POTUS has much less effect on the economy than most people think.

Believe this is a true statement and what effect POTUS has often is seen only after a long latency, sometimes years. Perfect example is skewing of tax code to favor 1%ers during last administration Impact lost in past and current administrations deficit spending but likely to increase income inequality for decades to come.

No, that's your interpretation. It means the market has recovered from the extremely low prices related to the global pandemic. In general, historically, prices go up. I expect that to continue.

No, that is not my interpretation, that is your words and data. You presented a graph and said that we are on track to pre-pandemic prices. Looking at your graph, prices were pretty steady pre-pandemic. Based on Your data and Your statement that we are headed back to pre-pandemic prices, I would expect that prices have just about peaked and will now level off. You can't have it both ways. Again, it will be interesting to see the same graph in 6 mos or a year from now.

Back
Top Bottom