Choosing the boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see hipilot’s point. This discussion has become scarily close to that which might be found on FB, not on a friendly, boaters-helping-boaters forum. Good friends are hard to come by, don’t scare them away with petty changes to their posts. Also: what, or who, is a “moderator”?

I'm sure an actual moderator can explain more, but from what I've seen - Moderators keep an interested eye on the posts (like all of us) and post there own helpful information. You'll see the "Moderator" label next to their name.
Moderators usually are regular members that have been around a while who have agreed to volunteer their time to get rid of spam and ensure the members follow the website rules (like avoiding political topics, being respectful to others and their anchor choices etc)
They would always let someone know when they very occasionally edit a post; this is the first time I've seen someone get upset over it.

They do a fantastic and thankless job, and I doubt I would enjoy visiting the site near as much if folks such as them weren't helping out. I'm sure 99% of us feel the same way.

Thanks AusCan and others.
In actuality the greatest share of Mod actions are behind the scenes and not obvious to most posts/posters.
We usually, (but not always) try to leave an edit note or send a PM explaining what was done & why.
Members should feel comfortable that small edits of titles and/ or within posts are done with the intent of being helpful and are not done as a criticism of any member.

We also encourage members to use the "Report" button to alert us of any problem with a post. While we are on alert for issues it is hard to view / review every post and do appreciate assistance from members reporting issues.

Peter B. Please read: https://writingexplained.org/choose-vs-chose-difference.

I don't need more pettiness in my life and am leaving Trawler Forum now.

"I have taken the liberty of correcting the wee typo in the title."
Yikes! That sure is a nuclear option.

Reminds me of the time I used "rule of thumb" in a presentation and was taken to task for demeaning women (https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-04-17-1998107056-story.html)

Too bad. Forum could assist. And Peter B is a skilled moderator. I hope the OP was just having a bad day and will return.

Peter

Last edited:
Don't know if most here recall "Off The Deep End" forum that was on TF. [I think that was the name of it]. Ya had to agree to "things" in order be able to regularly gain entry.

Anyway... Boy Howdy there was some shat filled discussions that went down on that portion of forum. I had a good time in it. Especially with trolls!!

Sooooo.... Just wanted to say the minor disrupts that happen these years are minimal at best. For those who do not recall OTDE... it was shut down because things would occasionally get too hot n' heavy. ;)

IMO: Mods here are good for keeping things civil as well as making post corrections when they should.

:speed boat: :speed boat: :speed boat: - Art :D

PeterB: Please continue to edit my sometimes ridiculous (often humiliating) typos. Some people here actually believe that I can right.

Larry,

I am not a moderator, but I have corrected your post, sea above. :angel:

Jim

What was the original title, anyhow?

Maybe you should change it back for him.

Last edited:
I can see hipilot’s point. This discussion has become scarily close to that which might be found on FB, not on a friendly, boaters-helping-boaters forum. Good friends are hard to come by, don’t scare them away with petty changes to their posts. Also: what, or who, is a “moderator”?

As mentioned, a "moderator" is an unpaid, uncompensated, member of the forum who has agreed to take on a thankless task of attempting to herd all us cats here on the forum who, if not provided with occasional adult leadership, would end up running amok across the internet!:thumb:

Other than that, I don't know WHAT they do!:D

Peter B. Please read: https://writingexplained.org/choose-vs-chose-difference.

I don't need more pettiness in my life and am leaving Trawler Forum now.

"I have taken the liberty of correcting the wee typo in the title."

Yeah, take a hike. Who needs someone that sensitive? He just corrected your grammer/english, as he's supposed to. And your rebut explanation only supported what he did. Jeez. We're just trying to talk about boating topics here. Lighten up? :confused:

Yeah, take a hike. Who needs someone that sensitive? He just corrected your grammer/english, as he's supposed to. And your rebut explanation only supported what he did. Jeez. We're just trying to talk about boating topics here. Lighten up? :confused:

Agreed. I learn a lot on TF, but someone that sensitive about making a typo would never last anyway. Sometimes you have to accept some feedback whether it's what you wanted to hear or not.

Back
Top Bottom