To "me too" or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
I am infrequently the first responder here on new threads (ones where I might actually have something to offer), and actually prefer to let the boat gurus here help get my mind moving with their initial answers before I offer some cogent past experience or advice based on what I consider solid knowledge. Many, many times I find the onging topic so well aswered, I just have nothing to add and don't clutter up the airwaves with my drivel, but sometimes answers are so in synch with what I would have said, my mind goes, "Zowie! That took the words right outa my mouth!" By way of reenforcing such answers I cannot help but adding ME TOO. I like to think I am helping at times, but really, the topics here are so diverse, I do much more learning than helping and have done since 1998 when I first discovered the old Trawler email list to which I am still subscribed. My eternal thanks to all who are willing to take the time to add to our fun and knowledge. Me too.:)

iu

Nah! If I have experience with it, or someone is formulating ideas so they can come up with a plan I post. If it's covered (or it's pointless), I don't. More to sift through for the person seeking information, and I really doubt decisions are made here by consensus...

JMO

I see nothing wrong with saying you agree with what has been posted. It may help the OP make up his/her mind as to what way to proceed if more people agree with something.

Rgano - I've followed you since the T&T days. I appreciate and value your input and find your affirmation valuable.

Great post Rich, and as not only a moderator on here, but a frequent visiter to several medical orientated forums, (ok, fora for the pedant, and we have a few on here), I think the worst and most annoying thing is not the occasional me too type of post, in agreement with what someone has said, with a suitable acknowledgment of same, but the poster who clearly has not bothered to read the foregoing posts, and just plunges in with their buckets of wisdom, basically repeating what several others have already said - especially when in answer to a problem help request, and who post with over-long sentences and forget to break it up into digestible paragraphs, like I just did..! :D

It is amazing that sometimes two very similar responses to a question or a problem have a different basis or logic used to arrive at the same answer.

I generally try to share a bit of the logic without getting too "wordy"

Maybe i should just have answered "Me Too"

pete

Maybe we need a “like” button at the bottom of the post.
It could easily be modified to a “me too”.

I think a short post stating general agreement is very helpful. People might look at a single post and wonder still but if they get several supporting that post, then they're more inclined to accept it.

Maybe we need a “like” button at the bottom of the post.

^^^ This!! (Or should I say, "me too!")

I'm not on FB or any other social media. I'm not a big fan of accumulating phony on-line "friends" or "likes."

But I participate in a forum similar to this one which allows me to "like" a post I find interesting, or agree with, and I've come to appreciate this option.

I can support a response I agree with, without having the thread come up in the "New Posts" list, saving everyone some time. I can encourage well-written, polite posts. Let's face it, we all like to be liked. A simple way to offer positive reinforcement helps motivate everyone to be a little more respectful.

I will point out that there's no public display of how many "likes" anyone has garnered overall. Each post has a small number at the bottom which indicates how many people liked it. So it's not a competition, and there's no pressure to "like" everything, as in some other platforms.

I started reading at post #2 and am no closer to understanding what everyone is talking about. Me Too

I started reading at post #2 and am no closer to understanding what everyone is talking about. Me Too

That's 'cause you missed out on post #1..! Explains it all. :popcorn:

Yes I agree that getting a consensus on a plan or repair is very helpful even if there are different details.
Rich I am still grateful for all the help you gave me waaaay back in 2006 with giving me the concept f building a mast lowering rig and method on the then new too me Albin.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom