The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Global Diver

Vessel Name
Prudence
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42
I just purchased a 1977 Grand Banks 42, hull number 523. Can anyone direct me to a good canvas person? I am interested in removing the green canvas and replacing everything with a dark blue, including the bimini top.

Thank you

Welcome to TF, and I'm sure someone will help out.

Welcome - I also like blue. Sunbrella material last a very long time... for my needs.

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat. Agree on getting rid of the green canvas. We will need photos of your boat.

I just purchased a 1977 Grand Banks 42, hull number 523. Can anyone direct me to a good canvas person? I am interested in removing the green canvas and replacing everything with a dark blue, including the bimini top.

Thank you

Welcome from another Grand Banks.
Our first Grand Banks was a 42’ Classic. Delivered from Singapore in November 78, hull # 607.

Photos November 1978

Attachments

• 40BA124C-8823-4DAE-B60F-E8EFB92CC9BC.jpeg
    40BA124C-8823-4DAE-B60F-E8EFB92CC9BC.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 7683A939-74AB-4F32-9461-279801A60525.jpeg
    7683A939-74AB-4F32-9461-279801A60525.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Welcome - I also like blue. Sunbrella material last a very long time... for my needs.

When you find someone, make sure to spend the extra to get UV protected thread. Its significantly more expensive but every canvas installation I have inherited (on purchased used boats) its not the canvas that gives up first, its the thread.

I had UV thread on our new 49' sailboat which was in the Caribbean/Mediterranean sun for 6 years. When the boat was sold the buyers thought the canvas was new.

~Alan

Hi Pilou - Nice photos!

Gotta admit - I'm not clear what's up re steps [I think they're steps] atop bureau and under 1/2 high door?? Guess its hinged fold down steps. Would leave a big step from bureau top to out-the-door.

I love the rotary phone! We keep one for fun with grand kids. How to use is complete flumex to our teen grands... Fun to watch and listen to their guesses of use while trying to figure it out.

King Marine Canvas in Ballard.

Hi Pilou - Nice photos!

Gotta admit - I'm not clear what's up re steps [I think they're steps] atop bureau and under 1/2 high door?? Guess its hinged fold down steps. Would leave a big step from bureau top to out-the-door.

I love the rotary phone! We keep one for fun with grand kids. How to use is complete flumex to our teen grands... Fun to watch and listen to their guesses of use while trying to figure it out.

Hello my friend !
Yes you are right, it’s steps, and a small built-in desk on the left (not well seen on the pic) custom-made at American Marine Shipyard Singapore for a Telex machine system. I was sure that someone would notice the rotary phone :)

Global Diver, my apologies for disturbing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom