New Member from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Junctionboy

Hello— new to this forum —
I have owned a number of small fishing boats and now want to get into cruising. My wife and I went to the Miami boat show in 2019 and looked at large sailing cats — we found a few we liked, but I never felt like I found “the one” I am ultimately I am a power boat guy. I did, however - fall in love with the room cats offer, recently I came across an ad for a sold boat that looked exactly like what I have been looking for, my issue is it appears they are not made anymore and not many come up for sale.
I found this forum and wanted to introduce my self and ito see if someone can help with info on the Cat. I have also been reading the forums and learning more about systems I havent had on previous boats— there is a ton of knowledge in here! Looking for ward to learning all I can.

If you are sold on a Cat, just get out there and look. Power Cats are becoming more popular, there are some used ones out there.

But don't overlook straight trawlers. Probably as much, if not more, usable room than the average cat without some of the drawbacks. Go get on a few.

pete

I have never been on one— honestly for a time I considered just getting something like an Ocean Sf around 55 or 60 as they would be a good cruising platform for the Caribbean and they are not as costly as something like a Nordhavn might be a good boat to get my feet wet with as it where. One thing on the trawlers that is very interesting to me is the amount of engine room space it looks like they have.

Welcome aboard. Not too many power cats out there to choose from. Not a bad boat but just different. Have fun in the search.

Dock mate has an Endeavor power cat. Very roomy, nice boat. Keep in mind due to the beam they can be harder to find slips and moorings.

Note the Aspen cats look very nice

Back
Top Bottom