Princess 3 burner oven problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeviGonzo

I have a princess 3 burner electric range/oven with rotisserie, approximately 1988 vintage. It looks very clean and unused. I got the 3 burners working today, but no oven. When I had the burners on the light on the right hand side works for “stovetop” and all 3 seem to be working properly. The oven light works too.

But when I switch to oven: nothing. The “oven” indicator light doesn’t glow and the oven doesn’t heat. And the rotisserie doesn’t turn.

Any suggestions?

Depending upon the model, there are switches on the left. One of them disables one of the burners (front left) to enable the oven (and vice versa). This is done to limit the total current draw. The other may be for the oven light.

Does this help?

Last edited:
Also the back burner is different than the other two, wattage wise.

Could the oven/burner switch be bad or a lead has come off.

BTW the SS parts are sharp. Wear gloves.

There's a thermal fuse on those things which trips if you leave the lid closed when using the oven. It's a pretty common symptom. Fortunately it's a generic part, you should be able to order it on line. I forget exactly where it is, but I bet if you Google for the words "thermal fuse princess oven" someone has detailed it on a web page of video.

Oh I forgot about that switch. I disabled it. However if the burners are work then the thermal/lid switch is working.

The Admiral hated that stove. She would fire up the oven to pre-heat, come back and the oven was stone cold. She forgot to flip the switch.

I just checked and if it is the model with those switches, and you want the manual, I've got it in electronic form. Just lemme' know.

The thermal fuse failed a continuity test so I took it out and tried to “Hotwire” the 2 ends together. Well, that didn’t work. So I found a 141c thermal fuse on the www and will install it next week when it arrives.

Now onto the non draining splendide...

Thanks for the responses. I will update this link if fuse replacement solves my problem.

I replaced the thermal fuse with something I found online 141c. Still a no-go. So I ordered a new gas stove from e-trailer. Now I won’t have to supply ac power to make a cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom